♛ Chapter 15 ♛

"A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes your smile."

>Chapter 15<

Easton's POV

I was starting to like her.

Demi.

That's the reason why I was acting so weird around her because I didn't believe in love or liking anyone. I made it a mission not to like anyone which I am slowly starting to fail.

I couldn't help it. Seeing her so sad when I told her I wasn't going to the dance. I just had to make up for it somehow so I decided to take her out somewhere else.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Didn't I just tell you?" I asked her sarcastically. She was rubbing off on me. "The beach."

"Oh yeah... I guess I forgot," She shrugged, reaching to turn on the radio.

I shook my head in amusement. I didn't know if she was playing dumb or not. Usually when other girls played dumb, it looked unattractive and pushed me away but when Demi did it, it was different. Probably because I already liked her and know her real personality.

"So what are we going to do there? In the dark?" She asked casually.

I shrugged. "I'm kinda just winging it and stop with the questions. It's annoying."

"You don't seem annoyed." She challenged.

"Well I'm annoyed on the inside. You just can't see it because I'm such a great actor," I lied. Truth is, I didn't feel annoyed or the least bit angered. I guess I've grown used to her and she doesn't seem as annoying as before anymore.

She scoffed. "Yeah right. You aren't the kind of person to hide their emotions."

If only you knew.

I shrugged. "It's like a ninja talent. It pops out when you least expect it."

She chuckled. "That makes no sense but whatever. I'm not in the mood to argue."

I faked a gasp. "No way!" I exclaimed sarcastically in a high pitched voice.

She rolled her eyes and muttered, "Shut up."

Once we reached the beach, the sun was just beginning to set and the sky was painted with a beautiful mixture of red, yellow, and orange.

"Let's take a walk along the water," I suggested, getting out of my car.

"That's so cheesy," She snorted.

I shrugged. "Then what have you got?"

She pondered for awhile before her face light up, probably getting an idea. "Nighttime beach volleyball!" She exclaimed.

"I don't know how to play," I said simply.

"You don't have to know," She assured me. "Come on. It'll be fun," She grabbed my arm and started dragging me to the volleyball area that wasn't that far from where we parked.

When we reached the area, we found that no one was there. In fact, no one was at the beach at all so we had the whole beach to ourselves.

Talk about luck.

"So smart. We don't even have a ball," I told her, smirking. "I guess we can't play."

Her shoulders sagged in defeat. "Fine let's walk along the water then. Maybe we can think of another idea while we're at it."

I nodded. "Sounds like a plan."

We walked towards the waves that were splashing along the shore and began walking side by side along it.

"It wish we could ride a horse right now," Demi spoke up.

I glanced at her to find her staring straight ahead with a mysterious glint in her eyes. I looked around to find surprisingly an officer with a horse riding in the sand. The horse was dark brown and had a saddle and rope attached to it.

Can't believe my luck today.

I smiled to myself and turned to Demi. "Why don't you go find a good place to sit." I suggested. "I'll be right back."

###

Some how, I eventually got the officer to lend me his horse. It took a lot of persuading but, I mean, who can ignore my amazingly accurate puppy dog look.

I led the horse by the rope it was tied to and slowly made my way over to where Demi was seated; below a palm tree that wasn't that far away from the beach.

I cleared my throat to let her know that I was there. She quickly snapped her head towards me with widened eyes. "No way," She gasped.

I shrugged and smirked. "Wanna ride?"

She nodded quickly as I helped her up onto the horse. "Wanna come up?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Nah."

She nodded. "Okay. Just tell if you wanna get on okay?"

I smiled. "Got it."

She really was a kindhearted person. Even though sometimes it might seem like she was mean because she was somewhat sarcastic and witty. Okay always sarcastic and witty. But she could be caring and kind as well and that's a good trait to have.

After we walked for about ten minutes, the officer came back to retrieve his horse which we found out his name was Hoover.

"This truly is better than some random dance," Demi whispered as we laid in the sand and stared up at the stars.

"I'd hope so," I replied, starting to close my eyes. I laid down on my back with my arms folded behind my back to prop up my head.

"You really are truly amazing," She complimented in a tired voice. I could tell she was getting sleepy and was about to fall asleep at any moment.

"And so are you."

"I've noticed your anger management has improved," She pointed out, starting to close her eyes.

I stared at her sleeping, peaceful face and wondered why I haven't truly talked to her before. I probably thought she was some psycho, obsessed girl but now that I got to spend more time with her, I realized she was much more than that.

I realized that not only was she a good friend, but also a caring and generous person that would help out her friends no matter what and would put others before herself.

I've found an independent, determined, and beautiful girl in her and I couldn't have been more grateful that I liked her.

I liked her, and there wasn't anything I could do to change that. I could make a move and we'd be together, but I didn't.

For now, I wanted to cherish the feeling of liking someone but not being to get them. It's a broken feeling but I just wanted to see what it was like for Demi when I barely talked or acknowledged her and see what it's like for others.

I know that's dumb but who said I wasn't. I mean, everyone is dumb at something or at some point.

Let's just count this as one time that I was acting dumb but for a good cause. Not really, but oh well. I wanted this and that's what I was going to do.

"Because of you," I whispered back once I knew she was fully asleep. I laid back down and closed my eyes, just thinking about life and how much it changed since I met Demi.

###

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Sorry it's kinda short but it's in Easton's POV!! *fangirls* Oh Em Gee!

Haha. I hope you enjoyed this new chapter and stay tuned for the next one!

*winks* bye ;)