♛ Chapter 6 ♛

"Best friends- The ones you can get mad at only for a short period because you have important stuff to tell them."

>Chapter 6<

Today we were going to finish up our project at Easton's house despite his protests. It was only fair because we already had it at my place. Jordan gave a reasonable reason as to why we couldn't have it at his house.

He said that his alligator was sick and his sickness was contagious to humans. That didn't make sense because then he would be sick.

But we both decided to gang up on Easton and finally he gave in.

I was happy that I finally got to see how Easton's house looked like. He texted me the details and my driver, Ralph, drove me to his place.

I texted him telling him that I was already there because ringing the doorbell or knocking is so last year.

Once he opened the door, I smiled. He didn't return it though and just nodded for me to come in.

Oh yeah, yesterday never happened.

"Soo..." I stood awkwardly in his house as he closed the front door. "Where are you parents?"

"At work." He said simply leading me to the living room.

I nodded and sat down on the couch next to him. We sat in an awkward silence before I decided to speak up. "Where's Jordan?"

"I don't know."

"Well let's just start without him." I suggested, taking out my laptop and printing out the things we needed from Google.

"Fine with me."

In the middle of fixing our script for our presentation, my phone buzzed. When the buzzing didn't stop I realized that I was receiving a call.

I checked my phone. Jordan. He better have an excuse in not being here right now.

I pressed the call button and held the phone to my ears. "Hello?"

"Hey Demi. Sorry I can't make it today. I-uh, my alligator got me sick." He quickly made up an excuse.

"Yeah, okay. Now the truth?" I asked, raising my eyebrow in a perfect arch even though they couldn't see me. I always raised my eyebrows because some people couldn't do it so I liked flaunting my eyebrow abilities to them.

He sighed, deciding to give in. "Don't laugh okay?"

"Yeah, okay."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

"I have a ballet lesson today. And before you say anything, I take it so I can have better balance for football. It's actually really helpful." He said in a matter of factly tone.

I resisted the urge to laugh but I quickly covered it up with a cough. "Excuse me. Sorry. I think I'm getting sick. And it's no problem I'll just let Easton! Have fun!!" I sang the last phrase.

He snorted. "Yeah I will."

I hung up the phone and tossed it to the side before bursting out laughing. I sobered up and explained to Easton. "Jordan can't make it. He has ballet lessons."

"I'm not going to even ask," He said, shaking his head. "You want anything to eat?"

"You can cook?" I asked, sounding a little surprised than necessary.

"Yes. Not everyone has people catering to their every command, Miss Royalty," He looked slightly offended. "I bet you don't even know how to cook."

"Yes I do." I lied, sticking my nose up in the air and shutting my eyes.

"Do you?" He asked, narrowing his eyes at me.

I looked down in defeat. "You're right. I don't," I gave in. "But being extremely rich isn't the best thing in the world. I barely see my parents and when I do, they're too busy on their phones to even have a proper conversation with me. That's what I get for having lawyers as parents who travel all around the world because everyone wants the best in the business."

His hard stare softened after hearing my story. "Oh."

I'm kinda glad he didn't apologize because that would be a waste of an apology. He didn't do anything wrong so why would he have to? I'm also glad he didn't show me any signs of sympathy or pity. That showed me that they felt bad for me, but they didn't have to. I didn't want to feel like I didn't have something everyone else had.

"Listen to me. I'm sorry for misjudging you." At least he used his apology appropriately. "Just remember this, you are strong. People with parents have them cook for them, clean up after them, and clean up the mess they make. You don't have that. You do things on your own because your parents are there. You have to learn things on your own. All the life skills you've learned were acquired by yourself. Instead of feeling down or sad, you should feel accomplished." He told me.

I stared at him, straight in the eyes. I was speechless. No one had ever told me that before and once I've heard it, I couldn't have been more happy. "Wow... I guess you're right." I whispered. "And you know what? I don't want their money. From now on, I'll find a job and make my own money. If they aren't going to be apart of my life, I won't take their money." I made up my mind.

He gave me a nod. "Good for you." He turned back around and continued making his way to the kitchen to make us some food.

"Easton," I called out to him. He turned around and gave me a questioning look. "Thank you, for everything. For the speech and for yesterday. I know I promised not to bring it up, but the thing you did was much needed and I didn't get a chance to thank you."

He gave me a stiff nod before turning back around. "Oh and maybe you can teach me to cook?" I asked hopefully.

He smirked. "Watch and learn."

###

Well, I hoped you enjoyed that nice speech from Easton. Who knew he could be so intelligent? Not me of course. (Yeah, I did)

I hope you enjoyed this new chapter. Until next time!