♛ Chapter 13 ♛

>Chapter 13<

"Demi!" Crystal repeatedly called me until I finally answered her.

"What?"

"There's a party tonight!" She told me like it was the greatest news that she could ever give me.

I put on a blank face. "Okay..."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Are you going to come?"

I shrugged. A few moments of silence went by until I burst out laughing. "Oh course I am! You should've seen you face!" I said through my fit of laughter.

She took dramatic breaths as she put her hand on her heart. "You scared me! I thought you were losing your touch."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course not."

Our conversation was cut off by the bell. "See you at lunch." I waved at Crystal as we walked in opposite directions.

When I arrived at my English class, I took a seat at the back of the class as usual. The only other friend I had in this class was Nathan but he wasn't here yet.

The late bell rang and Nathan arrived just on time, taking a seat next to me.

"Hey Nattie," I smirked at the girly nickname I gave him.

"Hey December," He shot back, stressing my full name. I glared at him but he didn't flinch like usual. He just smirked.

"Shut up," Mr. Jenkins commanded and the whole class quieted down.

Mr. Jenkins was the one teacher in the whole school who was scary as hell and was mean to the kids for no reason. He's yell whenever he felt grouchy and whenever he was happy, he'd still show no emotion.

I wish I could give him a bag full of emotions for his birthday or something but God knows how much trouble I would get into for that stunt.

I turned to Nathan and rolled my eyes. He scoffed and shook his head in amusement.

"Mr. Jules. Care to tell the whole class what you and Sandra were giggling about? I thought you were a guy but apparently I was wrong," Mr. Jenkins said with a serious face.

I think he found joy and pleasure in teasing and embarrassing his students. Sick sadist... It was a bad thing that he was going to coming with us on our field trip to Mexico.

"Asshole," I heard Nathan mutter.

"Ms. Short. I'd prefer if you don't sniffle in my class. If you have a stuffy nose then blow it out," Mr. Jenkins ordered her.

She sunk deeper in her chair, her face was red with embarrassment. I felt sorry for that girl. I recognized her to be the school nerd. She dressed in tacky, old fashioned clothing and was extremely tall.

Nathan had furrowed eyebrows. "Did he say Ms. Short?" He whispered.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Interesting."

###

"Cat and I will come over and the guys will pick us up," Crystal told me the plans at the lunch table.

"About that, I won't be able to make it," Nathan spoke up. "I have to babysit my neighbor."

"Okay. Cam, you going to drive us?" Crystal asked.

Cameron nodded. "Yeah but this time get ready faster, I don't have all day."

"It takes time to get elegance," Cat said, trying to sound wise but failing miserably.