♛ Chapter 8 ♛

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."

>Chapter 8<

I was speechless with my jaw dropped. If I was in a cartoon, my jaw would be touching the floor and my eyes would be bulging out of its sockets.

"Close your mouth December, it's very unladylike," My mom scolded me. Ah, there's the mother I know and love. Note the sarcasm. She's always pressuring and trying to mold me into the perfect daughter.

"W-What are you guys doing here?" I finally managed to stutter out.

"Oh we had a break and decided to return home and see how you're holding up," My dad explained, wrapping an arm around my mom's waist.

I nodded. "Oh I see. When do you have to go back to work?" I asked curiously. Probably very soon.

"Tomorrow morning," My dad answered. See?

"We'll be here tonight though so you can tell me about your good grades and honors," My mom smiled at me, probably thinking that's what I liked to talk about.

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah right. That'll probably turn into you talking on the phone in the end."

My mom gasped. "December! Don't talk to your mother that way!" My dad yelled, glaring at me. He soothingly patted my mom's back in attempts to comfort her.

"What it's true," I grumbled, crossing my arms across my chest. Sometimes I highly doubt the fact that they love me. They don't even tell me that they do so there's your evidence.

"Go to your room," My dad ordered me. "You can come out when you learn to be a proper young lady."

I grumbled and glared at the floor. A thought came to me and I snorted. Parents. I shook my head in amusement. They seriously think sending their child to their room at this age was a punishment? Well think again. I sure wasn't going to argue but I was still had at they did.

"Don't make that noise," My dad demanded. "This is turning out to be a bad idea. Some welcome home girl." I heard him mutter.

I felt tears brimming my eyes. It would be good if you guys were regular loving and caring parents who actually spent time and paid attention to their kids.

I wipes my tears away with my sleeve. I refused to cry because of them. Once they leave tomorrow morning, it'd be se to life independently without them knowing. I didn't need them in my life anymore. My life was much better without them pestering me. I think I liked it better when they were not at the house. At least then I didn't have to be constantly insulted in everything I did.

I slammed my bedroom door with much force and the sound of the slam echoed throughout the house.

I took a run for my bed but tried over a rug that was folded and fell straight onto my face. I groaned and got up slowly, my face still stinging from the impact from the ground. "Stupid clumsiness," I muttered, rubbing my face and falling on my bed. "

I groaned when I heard the ringing of my cellphone. Now was definitely not the time. I let it go to voicemail and tried to take a nap. The ringing wouldn't stop so I finally decided to end the misery for my ears and pick up the phone. "Hello?" I grumbled into the phone.

"Whoa. Looks like someone picked up well from me," Easton joked. Hmm... I seriously thought he was physically incapable of making jokes.

"Haha funny coming from you. I didn't take you for a jokester," I told him sarcastically, closing my eyes.

"Yeah well I guess you're rubbing off on me," He said which caused a small smile to appear on my lips. Aww.

"I do that to people. So why did you call?" I asked curiously.