♛ Chapter 10 ♛

"True friendship is not being inseparable, it's being separated and nothing changes."

>Chapter 10<

I slung my backpack strap on my shoulder and walked as quietly as possible in the empty halls.

I forgot to set my alarm this morning so I woke up late so therefore I arrived at school thirty minutes late. That's the negative side of wanting to do things all by myself.

I sighed as I reached my locker and tried to open it as quietly as possible.

"December Hudgens," I heard a commanding voice call. Oh how I hate my name.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before turning around and putting on a fake smile. "Good morning Principal Newman. Fancy seeing you here!" I tried sounding chirpier.

"It's school." He said flatly. "What are you doing in the halls during class hours?"

"Um..." I drew out, looking around frantically for an excuse. "I-I..." Wow, first time I was actually speechless.

"Get in my office now." He demanded me as he wait for me to walk ahead of him. I shrugged in defeat and watched with my head hanging low to Principal Newman's office.

Principal Newman was in his mid thirties. He was actually a really fun principal if you don't do anything bad. If you do, he can be the scariest thing ever. He was tall and had an okay frame. Not too flabby and not too muscly.

I took a seat on one of the cushioned chairs in front of his desk and watched him stand by his desk on the other side.

This was starting to feel like fifty shades of grey. I mentally shivered. That was a scary thought.

"So tell me Ms. Hudgens the real reason why you were roaming the halls. We're you planning on ditching?" He asked, taking his seat while raising his eyebrows.

I eyes widened and I shook my head. "No you got it all wrong Principal Newman. I was late to school because I forgot to set my alarm." I quickly told him, deciding not to lie.

He looked at my face, searching for any sign that I was lying before nodding. "Okay I'll let you off with a warning December. Next time this happens, you get detention."

See? He wasn't that bad.

I gave a smile. "So... Do you mind writing me a pass for all my earlier classes?" I asked hopefully.

He rolled his eyes. "Nah I'll let you get detention from your teachers. That's the reason why I didn't give you detention."

My jaw dropped. "Wow... Sneaky."

Forget what I said. He was that bad.

"I know. Now get to class before you get in even more trouble." He waved me off and began going through the papers on his desk.

I shook my head and walked out the door to Mr. Johnson's class. Once I entered the room, all eyes were on me.

Mr. Johnson stopped his lecture to face me. "Ms. Hudgens. Nice to see you're finally here."

I looked down at my shoes shamefully before glancing back up at him through my eyelashes. "Yeah I came to school late."

"Any reason?" He asked, raising an eyebrow in a perfect arch.

"Just slept in," I didn't want to further embarrass myself by saying I forgot to set my alarm and begin to explain in full detail on why I was late.

"Detention after school," I gave him an are-you-serious look. "Hey, just be glad it's only one day."

He had a point there.