♛ Chapter 14 ♛

"Friendship means understanding, not agreement. It means forgiveness, not forgetting. It means memories last, even if contact is lost."

>Chapter 14<

"Do you know if Cat is going to the dance?" Nathan asked me, the day of our dance.

I nodded. "Yup she is but she's sad that she doesn't have a date yet so it's your chance."

He smiled. "Okay I'll ask her now."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why are you eager to do this?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I guess I just don't like it when girls are insecure just because a guy doesn't ask them out or something. They think they're not as good as everyone else but in reality, others just are too blind to notice that they are just as good if not better."

I gave him a small smile. "Are you sure you don't like her?" I asked, making sure.

He shrugged. "I'm not sure. It could be possible." And with that, he walked away.

I shook my head in amusement. He probably wanted to make a dramatic exit or something.

And then it hit me, one of my best friends likes another best friend. If they were ever to get together and then break up, it was ruin our friendship. Let's just hope that our friendship is strong enough to last through even the toughest obstacles.

###

"Demi! Crystal! Guess what?" Cat asked, sounding excited as she run up to us.

Crystal and I were at my locker in the middle of discussing a group project where I was paired up with the least productive workers in the class. She was lucky because she got all the smart people.

"What?" Crystal asked curiously. I bet the news she had to tell us was something to do with Nathan and a little verbal action that is related to him asking her to the dance.

"I finally have a date to the dance and it's Nathan!" She exclaimed, jumping up and down.

I should be a freaking fortune teller.

Crystal's eyes widened. "Nathan as in Nathan Emery? As in our best friend Nathan?!"

Cat nodded while grinning brightly. "That's the one. He said he wanted to go as friends since we both didn't have anyone to go with."

Crystal nodded. "That's really nice of him."

"I know right!"

We gossiped about our dates and dresses at we walked to Mr. Johnson's class.

Crystal had a date too. Probably some one time fling guy who she was just attracted to for a little while. She'd probably ditch him in the middle of the dance and just hang out with other guys.

That got me thinking that I didn't have a date yet. I was hoping Easton would ask me but he hasn't done that yet or even mentioned going to the dance.

"You'll have no homework today since it's the day of your dance," Mr. Johnson announced to the class. "You can use this time as a free period or study hall. It's your choice. Now pretend I'm not even in the room and don't bother me." He turned away from us and focused his eyes on the newspaper he was currently reading.

Wow free period it is. I got up from my seat and followed a couple of people as they walked out of the classroom.

"Yay no homework!" Cat cheered as she followed me, Crystal following behind her.

"Don't you like homework? I thought all Asians loved homework," I teased her.

She gave me a flat look. "Stop being such a stereotypical bitch. I mean who likes homework anyways?" She asked.