Chapter 164: Darian Alshmeer

Start from the beginning

Why had he even begun to rely on someone else? The dying embers in Darian's eyes rekindled with renewed determination. That's right! He would not shame his fallen brothers by giving up so easily! Darian gritted his teeth and raised his head to meet the smiling daeben's intense gaze.

"I take it you've chosen to live a bit longer?" Kashi questioned.

"Haha, yes, Kashi-dono." Darian was not stupid. He knew from the daeben's expression that he never had the intention of stealing the spear. If Kashi wanted, he could easily slay the centaur with a casual punch. There was no need to talk so much. "I will squeeze out whatever life force I have left to carry this back to the village. I only ask that should I fail; you complete the journey in my place."

Kashi shook his head with a smile. "That will not be necessary. You will definitely make it." Darian did not have a chance to ask what he meant by that when Kashi suddenly placed a hand on his flank.

Darian's eyes went wide with shock as a flood of green aura poured out of Kashi's brightly illuminated hands. The proud centaur failed to hold back a blissful moan as a warm, pleasant aura seeped into his body through his injuries.

Yggdrasil's healing potency finally had a chance to show its might. Shadow and Larsial gaped as they watched the centaur's injuries rapidly close up. Within mere seconds, all of Darian's injuries had completely healed without any scars whatsoever. His lifeforce was also rejuvenated by the pure healing energy, causing him to experience a vitality that rivaled his teenage years.

Forget healing. This energy, whatever it was, made Darius feel much better than he had in years. Darian's happiness and shock were fully displayed on his face as Kashi removed his hands from the centaur's body.

Kashi weakly smiled as he looked up at Darian. "There. You should be able to take us to your village now, right?"

Darian opened his mouth, but his voice failed him when he noticed Kashi's pale complexion. Looking closer, Darian could see the pool of sweat on Kashi's forehead, revealing the exhaustion the daeben had been trying to hide. Darian's heart grew heavy. He clasped his right fist with his left palm and bowed once more. The hand on fist salute was the warrior's salute of his village, given only to those who have gained the utmost respect from an individual. "I will never forget this favor. This life is yours from this moment."

"It's fine." Kashi weakly waved away the promise with a smile. This time, he was not faking it as that healing almost drained his remaining mana. Although his fight with the marilith had looked easy to the outside world, he'd expended a ton of mana and ki while countering the mana blades.

Keep in mind those were the ultimate attack of a monster of at least level 160. The mana needed to counter such an attack was in no way small.

Luckily, Kashi's ridiculous mana and ki regeneration had already kicked in, and he was recovering both quite quickly. It was just that the amount of mana needed to open up his dimension to pour out the healing aura was not small. Kashi was grateful for this experience. He was beginning to get the rules to his dimension with each test.

"Your people need you," Kashi stated as he took a deep breath. "I dare not lay claim to your life. For now, it's enough for us to be friends," Kashi said and held out his right hand, causing Larsial and Shadow to look at him out the corner of their eyes.

Did this madman say the 'friend' word? This is still Kashi, right? The Kashi? Does this man even know what 'friend' means?

"Friends?" Darian balked as he stared at the daeben's hand. "No, no, no. I wouldn't dare." He hurriedly shook his head.

The assassins turned their attention to the centaur. Now this one's rejecting?

Oblivious to their thoughts, Darian grasped Kashi's forearm with a smile. "Let's just say I'm in your debt."