Chapter 48: Battle for Riven (Finale)

Kashi glared at Xeimdem as he put down his bow. His attack came from the Realm Piercing skills he had obtained from the Ferulic quest.

Kashi named them [Drill], [Automatic], [Hawkeye], [Extra Round] and [Gilgamesh] respectively

"Kashi!" cried the weary warriors, faces bright with relief.

The daeben walked over to Leila, who was struggling to keep conscious and lifted her gently.

"What took you so long?" Leila asked through bated breath and a pained smile.

"Sorry. I had to make a few stops. At least you got a good fight out of it, right? Would have been a short one if I got here earlier," Kashi joked as he set her down close to the entrance. Her eyes closed, and her breath evened out as Yuna, and the others walked over.

"You guys okay?" Kashi asked.

"Nothing some sleep won't heal," replied Stryke.

Kashi checked with the others. They all had dangerously low HP and MP but had been smart enough to cease engagement once their bodies stopped obeying them. Like Stryke said, some hours of sleep, and they would recover most of their health. The more severe injuries could quickly be addressed with his first-aid skill.

Rumbling from behind alerted Kashi to Xeimdem's recovery.

Kashi retrieved his remaining mana potions from his inventory and handed them to Yuna. "Drink these and heal the others. Keep a shield around yourselves till this is over."

Yuna nodded and downed the potions quickly, smacking her lips at its bitter taste. She cast [Healing Sphere], and then [Armadello]. The first spell created a dome around her that healed anything inside of it. The second created a reinforced dome forcefield that blocked most attacks. Both skills drained MP over time, which was why Kashi gave Yuna so many vials.

"Good luck," Paris said.

Kashi nodded and turned around, Kira, by his side.

Xeimdem grip tightened on his sword and ax, eyes burning with anger. "Are you the one they call Kashi?"

"The very one," confirmed the daeben, as he casually walked towards the drakul king.

Xeimdem copied his actions, walking over to the daeben. "You have quite the influence. They really believed you would make a difference."

"Who needs faith when you have facts?"

"I'm sorry. It sounded like you said its a fact you'll best me."

Kashi squared off against Xeimdem, bodies all but touching. He matched the king's glare with one of his own, their breaths mixing in the close proximity. "It is what it is."

Xeimdem 's head rocked back in laughter. He bared his teeth in a toothy grin at his challenger. "Then come! Prove your worth and seize my throne with your hands!"