Chapter 104: Awaken From the Dream

Kashi's declaration sent chills down the dwarfs' spines. Although they were overjoyed by their patron god's freedom, seeing him interact so familiarly with a foreigner—and a daeben at that—left bitter tastes in their mouths.

Fortunately, either out of either respect or fear, not a single dwarf moved or showed opposition. However, their downcast gazes exposed their apparent discomfort. Kashi's wish bothered them greatly. If Aygor ordered them to serve Kashi's country, they would have no choice but to do so.

Every dwarf awaited Kashi's next words with bated breath.

Kashi, aware of the dwarfs' contradictory emotions, returned his gaze to Aygor. He then raised two fingers and said, "Before I say my wish, I have two things I wish to clarify."

Aygor nodded. "Only natural. Ask."

"First, you are not capable of changing the fertility of the ground, are you?" Kashi asked, his gaze measured. He had created a few hypotheses after examing the similarities between the rewards given by the gods after their release.

"As expected of the master of the guild that released three of my brethren," Aygor praised with a hearty laugh. "It is as you said, daeben. My domain lies mainly in the field of crafting. Land and animal management belong to the twins."

"Mera and Fera, right?" At Aygor's confirmation, Kashi nodded. It was as he suspected.

Freeing Fermes (god of communication) reactivated the Rinks while, according to Syèl, freeing Alure reopened the Circle. Finally, because Suvron was the goddess of beauty and music, renovating a tower could also be seen as falling under her jurisdiction. She could not, however, create a building from scratch. That was Gerber's domain. This information could prove crucial in possible future dealings with the gods, so Kashi made sure to store it in his mind.

Satisfied, Kashi asked the second question. "How long until I have to give my wish?"

Aygor smiled. "I can only hold my existence for seventy-two hours in this plane. Any longer and the damage to this plane shall be irreparable. It would be best if you spoke your wish before then. Else I shall grant another reward I deem appropriate then leave."

Kashi nodded. "My wish is a bit cumbersome. It cannot be easily explained by word of mouth." Two worktables and several easels appeared in front of the daeben as he bowed respectfully. "I will trouble esteemed senior to wait on me. I shall present my wish before the deadline."

Even as Kashi spoke, several rolled up canvasses of different sizes appeared on the table. Most had been replenished from the stores in Meilfour before he met up with Muko and subsequently got captured.

Kashi took out Rosario's brush. When his Intermediate Painting mastery passed Level 3, the brush's bristles gained the ability to change their size and thickness at will. Being a top-class material, he never had to worry about brushes anymore.

Rosario's Brush's next ability was scheduled to unlock at Expert Level 1. Luckily, all the paintings Kashi did for Project Fame boosted his Painting Mastery to Intermediate Level 8. The fact it had only risen four levels despite the weeks of painting fully displayed Suvron's adherence to quality over quantity.

"Hoho," Aygor's chuckled as a sharp glint flashed in his eyes. "Father never let anyone disturb him when he painted. It will be a treat to see what his chosen disciple can accomplish."

Kashi nearly fell over at those words. 'Please don't compare me to a god!' In the nick of time, Kashi collected himself and faced Aygor with a stiff smile. "Esteemed elder, I do believe it is only right to spend some time with the people you govern, lest they remain on their knees till your departure."