Chapter 191: Class Reunion

Kover Dungeon,

Briarhoard, Rosendun.

4:23 p.m. 16th Banem 1092.

A massive crowd, teeming with hundreds of adventurers camped outside the dungeon's entrances, awaiting their turns. Clerks placed by the Royal Capital stood by the entrances with Rinks, checking up on the situation. The clerks would receive a notice for more adventurers when those inside perished or gave up and decided to exit.

The clerk system was set up to prevent too many adventurers were fighting in the same area. The dungeon's interior consisted mostly of narrow corridors. If too many people went in at once, the tight spaces would only lead to more casualties. Most of the clerks were constantly on the rinks, receiving timely updates, but a few starkly stood out as not only did they allow anyone to enter, but they didn't bother calling their representatives.

The reasons for their lackadaisical attitude were the banners hung at these entrances. The 'Howling Wolf' banners of the Hopeful Maggots carried the number 1 guild's arrogance in Rosendun. Did you want to come in? Go ahead, but be prepared to carry out your role as an audience faithfully. Any attempts to sow chaos would only result in futile death.

Outside one of the Maggot-claimed entrances, a warrior lying on the ground squinted and pointed at the sky. "Hey, what's that?"

"What?" Other adventurers followed his gaze to the sky. The adventurers' eyes widened in shock at the sight of a ball of lightning rapidly approaching their direction.

A sharp adventurer quickly recognized the danger and shouted, "Scatter!"

Following his scream, the warriors and mages rapidly retreated and then watched as the lightning ball struck the ground with a thunderous boom. The electric arcs dispersed, revealing a daeben sat atop the fabled kirin. Greed colored the adventurers' eyes, many coveting the divine creature for themselves, but the rider's presence forced them to swallow their desire.

There was a time when Kashi's face was not well-known. However, following his battle with Rosendun's top guildmasters and the event at Rine's Bar, there was no one in Rosendun who did not know the Hopeful Maggots' leader's face.

Kashi glanced at the warriors as he dismounted. He patted Drixlia's flank and walked to the clerk at the dungeon's entrance. He greeted the young cerulean woman with a warm smile, "Kover Dungeons, yes?"

The clerk meekly nodded, unable to formulate words as a result of being star-struck.

"Hopeful Maggots' Vice-Guildmaster," Kashi said as he pointed at the dungeon's entrance. "Did she take this route?"

The clerk once again nodded.

"Well, that's convenient," Kashi exclaimed with a short laugh. "Makes things much easier." With that, the daeben raised his hands, and a pair of portals appeared. "Get in, Drix. The dungeon's too tight for you."

Drixlia snorted then trotted into the portal on the left while Shadow and Larsial walked out from the other.

Shadow took in their surroundings and then turned to Kashi with an incredulous look in his eyes. "Three hours. You do understand how much of a cheat code you are right now, right?"

"What do you mean cheat code?" Kashi laughed as he led the team into the tunnel amidst the shell-shocked crowd. "Everything I did is legal. Legal."

Shadow snorted, not bothering to treat that absurd defense with a response. The assassin's discomfort arose from the fact it had only taken Kashi three hours to reach Kover dungeon from Kirkcour Woods, a journey that should have taken two days at the very least.