ten

one month later

jungkook shuffled in his sleep, he groaned as he opened his eyes, he grabbed his phone and unlocked the screen to check the time,

2:57 am

he heard the sound of utensils which made him furrow his eyebrows, did someone break in the apartment? what if it was a thief?

he quickly rushed outside and what he saw next was something he absolutely did not expect.

"hyung what the fuck?" jungkook asked as taehyung looked up.

there he was, jungkook's gracious roommate kim taehyung, cooking ramen at 3 am.

"do you want me to make some for you too?" taehyung asked as jungkook gave him a weird look.

"why are you making ramen at 3 am?!" jungkook asked as taehyung chuckled.

"because you need to do something weird sometimes" taehyung said as jungkook chuckled, amused at his hyung's behaviour.

taehyung took another packet of ramen and put it in the ramen cooker.

after about ten minutes, the two boys sat in their balcony with a bowl of ramen in one hand and a pair of chopsticks in another.

"mhm this is good" jungkook moaned as taehyung chuckled at the younger's reaction.

"when are you going to show me your artwork?" jungkook asked as taehyung looked up, his mouth covered in ramen sauce which made the younger laugh slightly.

"soon, i'm working on one right now, i'll show you once that's done" taehyung said as jungkook nodded.

"why did you suddenly decide to do this at 3 am though?" jungkook asked, he was aware that maybe he was asking too many questions but he couldn't help it.

"well i guess i can be honest with you, i haven't been feeling the best for the past few days, and i have a habit of stress eating so" taehyung says as jungkook slightly nods.

the older was so good at hiding his feelings, jungkook had no idea that something was wrong with him until he told him so, and the younger couldn't help but feel bad for his roommate.

they talked about a few things, taehyung was glad that jungkook didn't ask what was wrong, it wasn't like he couldn't tell jungkook, he trusted the younger enough to tell him, but talking about it would just remind him of it and he did not want that.

it was around 5 am when they were done talking, they had talked for around two hours and that had to be the longest they had conversed with each other.

both the boys talked about everything from the stories of their childhood, to their favourite colours.

jungkook jumped on his bed and wrapped himself up with the warm fuzzy blanket, he just hoped that he had helped in distracting the older from whatever was disturbing him, even just a little bit.

jungkook sighed as he went on his phone for a bit and then slowly fell into a deep slumber