𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT 'I AM A MONSTER'

'I AM A MONSTER'

IT WAS LIKE A movie. With each beat, the picture changed, and each picture grew darker and darker. She could hear the beats of her heart thumping in her ears, and there was no sound around her. Each beat grew louder as if someone were beating drums in her ears.

Just then the thumping stopped, and the pictures no longer changed. Artemis was stuck in the same dream she'd been dreaming all summer, but this time it was different.

This time, there wasn't that disgusting giggle, or her squeals of joy, or her crazy laughter. There was complete silence.

But the silence didn't last long. Just then she heard the sound of shoes hitting the ground and the gentle hum of a very familiar voice.

No, it wasn't her mother. It was Hermione, walking slowly but frighteningly toward the chained Artemis. Artemis frowned, something was wrong.

Just then, her eyes widened in shock and horror, staring at the black whip in the young girl's grip. Another hand sneaked on Hermione's shoulder, while the bushy-haired staring at Artemis in disgust and hatred.

"H-Hermione, what's happening?" Artemis managed to whimper.

Without warning, Hermione slammed the whip into Artemis' chest. The Lestrange girl let out a painful scream and began to gasp, trying to catch her breath. But Hermione did not give her that opportunity because she hit her again.

Behind the bushy-haired witch could be heard her mother's contented and crazy laughter. It seemed like Bellatrix was amused to see her own child suffer at the hands of her beloved one.

Artemis did not cry out for mercy, she knew she would not receive one, but the fact that Hermione herself was torturing her, was killing Artemis.

Bellatrix let a chuckle, "Good girl. You're not bad for a Mudblood."

Hermione didn't answer, she just stared at Artemis with an angry look. "I hate you. I thought you loved me, but it turned out I was just a toy. It must be nice to touch someone else while I shed tears in the room."

Artemis shook his head in denial, "No, it's not true! I love you!"

Hermione scoffed, "The garbage costs more than your love. It's your fault, now you will bear the punishment."

And so she kept hitting as Bellatrix's scream and laughter echoed in the room.

After a second, she woke up and jumped out of bed. Her body burned, her vision blurred by tears, and sweat ran down her forehead.

Artemis stepped on the cold floor with her bare feet, but as soon as she stood up, her legs began to collapse.

She took a few breaths as she leaned against the wall. After about a minute, incredible pain reached her head. She changed slowly and painfully, and as soon as she was stable as an arrow, she headed for the stairs.