𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐕

CHAPTER FIFTEEN THE ROAR AND HOWL

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
THE ROAR AND HOWL

LUPIN LEFT A FRIGHTENING GROWL. Lupin's head was lengthening. The same thing happened with his body. His shoulders twisted into ominous sharp-clawed paws.

"Run" whispered Sirius, "Run! Run now!"

But none of them listened to him. Ron was still chained to Remus and Petter. Harry went forward to help him but Sirius stopped him.

"Leave it to me. You go!"

The werewolf with the rattling jaws was moving away, dragging Ron and Pettigrew with the big monster.

Without hesitation, Sirius went forward and transfigured. The big black dog caught the chain and pullet the werewolf back away from Ron and Pettigrew.

Artemis, Apollo, Hermione and Harry stood frozen, watching the two animals fight. They couldn't move.

That was when Hermione left a scream. "He's trying to escape"

The bushy-haired girl pointed to the short guy who had thrown himself and grabbed Lupin's wand. Ron staggered to his tied leg and fell. There was a crash, something dazzling, and Ron remained motionless on the ground.

Harry pointed his wand at the man and shouted, "Expelliarmus!"

But it was too late. Pettigrew had transfigured himself. The ugly rat slipped through the chain and ran in the forest.

Just then, there was a loud whimper. Artemis turned to see that Lupin had his jaws clenched around the black dog's neck.

"Sirius..." muttered Artemis, "I need to help him."

Hermione heard her and quickly grabbed her forearm. "No! He's going to kill you! Don't even dare to leave me!"

Artemis, filled with fear and anger, yelled at the shorter girl, "If I don't do something he's going to die! I won't let that happen!"

She yanked her arm away from Hermione's grip and ran to the werewolf, ignoring Hermione's screams to come back.

Nearby there was a long thick branch. She took it, ran to the werewolf and hit it in the head with all her might.

The monster stumbled and turned around, throwing Sirius away. The dog with its last strength whimpered and ran away. The werewolf stepped forward growling and gritting its big teeth at Artemis.

Artemis made a few steps back, her heart beating fast. She was scared, really scared. All she could hear was the sound of her heartbeats. She started trembling, her body filling with adrenaline.

She gritted her teeth and shouted, "COME ON THICK HEAD, CATCH ME!"

The animal roared, raising its claws ready to attack. The werewolf jumped forward.