𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐋𝐕𝐈

CHAPTER FORTY-SIXQUEEN OR PAWN

CHAPTER FORTY-SIX
QUEEN OR PAWN

ARTEMIS WAS PACING in the office, clutching the note in her hands.

Her eyes looked around anxiously, as if expecting something to attack her, or rather someone. Dumbledore stepped out of his office, his white robe and velvet hat on his head, there was a serious yet calm expression on his face.

Still, the Lestrange girl could see the nervousness in his eyes, as if he was hiding something.

"Who do you think is the sender of this note, Miss Lestrange?" Dumbledore asked, a tint of curiosity coming out of his tone.

"I have no idea, Professor, but I assume it's my mother. However, the initials are B.L. Who else could be B.L ?" She said, her voice trembling in fear and terror, as her eyes started to water.

"The question here is how did your mother find out about your relationship with Miss Granger?" Dumbledore said, reaching the girl to take the note.

Artemis immediately whirled around, looking at the Headmaster confused. She had never mentioned Hermione to the headmaster. "I've never mentioned Hermione. How did you know?"

Dumbledore sighed and went to his desk, taking his face in his hands and it was then that Artemis realized how her mother had found out.

Her hands curled into tight fists, her teeth started to grit, and her eyes started to grow in rage. Her heartbeats became faster and faster, a fire was burning in her veins as she trembled in rage, trying to stop herself from attacking the man in front of her.

"It was you." Artemis snarled, slamming the piece of paper on his desk. "Why?! What do you want from me?! Why are you putting Hermione in danger?! WHAT KIND OF HEADMASTER ARE YOU IF YOU CANT PROTECT YOUR STUDENTS?!"

"This only affects you, Artemis. Miss Granger has nothing to do with it." Dumbledore said, calmly.

"How?"

Dumbledore looked at her with an emotionless yet serious face. "I need you to be a spy for the Order."

Artemis scoffed in disbelief. She looked at him disapprovingly, trying to find a reason. "You have Snape and Tom. Why me?"

"I decided to create a group of spies to follow Voldemort's every move. And you," Dumbledore pointed at her, "you could be the Order's most useful ally."

Dumbledore bent down, opening one of his cupboards. He pulled out a dusty box and put it on the desk. Opening the box, he revealed chess pawns inside it, and one by one Dumbledore arranged them on the board.

Artemis looked at the black and white dusty pawns, arranged on the board. She lifted her gaze and looked at Dumbledore questioningly. "What is this?"