𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVETHE NEW QUIDDITCH CAPTAIN

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
THE NEW QUIDDITCH CAPTAIN

ARTEMIS AND HERMIONE burst in, startling the people inside the Black's residence.

The two girls were panting frantically, sweat running down their faces, and their cheeks were red from the run.

Artemis turned to the exit and pulled Hermione's trunk. Hermione sent a grateful smile to the brunette, who was still trying to calm her breathing.

Just then Mrs Weasley appeared and headed for the bushy-haired girl.

Andromeda also showed her head from the living room, but her face showed no happiness. She looked at her niece anxiously and walked slowly to her, engulfing her into a hug.

"Are you okay? You look like you ran a marathon." Andromeda said, kissing the girl's head.

Artemis hesitantly nodded her head. "It's okay just-"

"No, it's not okay!" Hermione shouted, intervening into their conversation. The bushy-haired girl turned to Artemis with an annoyed look. "Tell your aunt what happened or I'll do it."

Artemis glared at Hermione and left a shaky breath. She turned to her Andromeda who patiently was waiting for an explanation. "We... we were attracted by Death Eaters."

Andromeda gasped. She grabbed Artemis by the shoulders and carefully scanned her from head to toe for wounds. Once she was sure the girl was not injured, Andromeda removed her hands from the girl's shoulders and smiled.

Andromeda was calm, but she knew the girl was in deep pain. She had raised Artemis as a baby and knew her every weakness. Ever since that attack had happened, Andromeda had noticed that the girl was different. As much as Artemis was hiding behind her fake smile, Andromeda could feel dark-eyed girl's fear. That's why the woman agreed to return to her old home, hoping that her friends might be able to fix Artemis's mood.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Andromeda asked carefully.

Artemis sighed. "I'll explain later once a friend joins us."

Andromeda nodded and made her way to the kitchen.

Molly escorted Hermione to the room. Artemis made her way to the living room. As soon as she entered, she saw Apollo and Josie sitting on the couch, cooing, making Artemis frown in disgust. Daphne, behind them, was pacing in the room, her face scrunched into deep thought.

Artemis let a cough, causing them to whirl around. They were about to say something, but immediately a scream was heard from the corridor. All four of them ran to the stairs.

There was Kreacher, running from Fred and Georges' colourful fireworks. Everyone started to laugh and Kreacher grunted and walked away, muttering insults.