𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT QUEEN OF THE BALL

QUEEN OF THE BALL

MCGONAGALL'S SHOES were hitting the marble floor, while she was pacing around the hall.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament for centuries," said Professor McGonagall, "On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests will gather in the Great Hall for well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost... a dance."

Girls started to squeal, some of them staring at Artemis who shifted uncomfortably. She quickly ran to the other side, where the boys were seated and hid behind their tall figures. Fred and George were wearing frowns on their faces.

"We have to dance? Seriously?" Fred whined.

"Silence," shouted McGonagall, her voice echoing through the room.

"The House of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons!"

Artemis rolled her eyes and slumped her arms on their shoulders, causing them to bend down on her level. "Enlighten up, silly gits. You'll have fun with your ladies."

She winked at them and gestured their confused gazes to the two Gryffindor chasers Angelina Johnson and Katie Bell. The twins' frowns immediately disappeared, turning into flirty grins.

"How did we get so lucky with such a genius like you, little Lestrange?" Both of them exclaimed.

"Keep going with the flattery, but it won't get you anywhere. I already know who to ask as a date." She said smirking widely.

Fred and George glanced at Hermione, who was talking with Parvati. They turned their gaze to Artemis, smirking mischievously but she shook her head.

"It's not Granger, guys." She said, with a cold, yet sad tone.

"Then who is it?" The twins asked in unison.

The Lestrange girl smiled and pushed them lightly, making them move closer to her. She looked around to see if someone was looking at them and turned to the boys. "It's Pansy."

"Parkinson?" Both of them hissed in shock.

The girl nodded. Both of them looked at her confused. "But why don't you ask Hermione? I mean we know you're not together anymore, but we thought-"

"I thought many things too, Fred, but Granger already arranged herself. Someone told me that Vikki the pumpkin head asked her and she accepted." She snarled, glaring at Hermione.

"Rubbish!" Both of them cried in shock. "Merlin's pants, we didn't expect her to be into Bulgarians."

"Neither me guys, neither me."