vessels // sukuna/yuuji (pt. 1)

in which the reader who was previously sukuna's faithful lover and servant is reincarnated as a fellow student of yuji's :) also this is really shitting bc i was trying to find something that might bring yuji and the reader closer together, but i ran out of ideas

this was written late at night so please ignore any typos, as i'll be getting to those later

WARNING: mentions of suicide, swearing, mentions of sex

~~~

"Run away, as quickly as you can! I will find you, I swear it, even if I have to hunt you down in another life, I will find you. Just leave now, I'll buy you some time." he said in a hushed tone, since he was currently hiding from what seemed like hundreds of sorcerers that had come to kill him. If they found out you were with him, surely you would suffer the same fate as he. On one hand, he had found himself caring for you, as much as he hates to admit it, and on the other, he knows you will be a useful pawn in his grand plan, considering how faithful you have been thus far.

You shook your head. "No, I'm staying here, with you! I can fight."

"Oh, don't make me laugh. If you can't last 5 seconds against me, you won't last 1 against those hundreds of sorcerers. Besides, I need you." And despite the harsh nature of his words, he said them in a calm tone so as to keep you peaceful and clearheaded.

You shook away the tears in your eyes. You didn't want to leave Sukuna. After years of trying to get away and finally submitting to him, you had found yourself falling for the King of Curses. It was pathetic, really, but maybe that's why he liked you so much. You entertained him in a sort of twisted way. "Fine. But you better find me. If you don't..."

He cut you off by pinching your arm. "I know, you'll kill me yourself, not that you can anyway."

"No, I mean if you don't find me, I won't be able to tell you that I love you" You nearly shouted, glad to finally have your little confession off your shoulders.

Sukuna didn't know what it was about your words, but for the first time in over a hundred years, he felt what felt like butterflies in his stomach. He nearly gagged at the realization that he felt something other than a simple interest in you. He swore he wouldn't feel something that would hinder his performance in battle or slow him down in finally taking down all these sorcerers.

To be perfectly honest, Sukuna didn't really know how to react to this situation. He could either run away and go ahead with the plan like he had meant to, or he could confess that he felt something other than pity for your weak soul. He groaned, irritated by the fact that you just had to fall in love with him. Sure, it made him happy to know that whatever he felt for you was reciprocated, but it really put a dent in his original plan. How is he going to fix this?

Without thinking, he grabbed the back of your head with one of his massive hands and brought you in for a rough kiss. You were sure he was a bit rusty, so you decided to forgive him, even though you knew deep down you wouldn't be getting something much sweeter from him. He pulled away suddenly before running away and shouting over his shoulder a quick "Do as I say and get away from here, you foolish girl!"

Despite his name-calling, you did as told and ran in the opposite direction, hoping to get away and wait out the battle. After an hour, you were sure he had been injured or worse, but you decided to wait a while longer to be sure. After two days and still nothing, you began to lose hope and made your way back to the grand house you had been living in with the King of Curses until the surprise attack from those sorcerers.

Surely he would be there if he had survived, but after searching the house and the area around it and finding nothing, not a single trace of him, you heaved a heavy sigh. You knew you wouldn't last much longer once those sorcerers find out that you were an accomplice of his, and so you chose the easy way out. Surely in another life you will be lucky enough to find him.