Chapter 80

Dean and Castiel held hands, staring over the ocean a couple of weeks after the failed wedding of Michael and Dean. They weren't married yet, but would be very soon. They decided they would wait until Lucifer was well enough to leave his bed and attend.

The last couple of weeks had been crazy, after the wedding, Michael began running the Kingdom, changing a few things and cooperating for peace with Crowley on the throne of Hell.
John Winchester had been injured in the ruckus, but was healing well, Lucifer was in a really bad shape, healing slowly but surely as Rowena used magic to help quicken his wounds and try to reverse the severe damage to his wings, in hopes he'd be able to fly again.
Michael had pardoned the Witch of her Banishment, and all seemed to be going well.

"Cas," Dean stared over the ocean "I'm glad it's all taken care of, that we're actually True Mates or Soulmates or whatever, but-"

"Don't worry about it Dean. Right now we're focusing on us." Castiel raised their intertwined hands to his lips to kiss the back of Dean's hand, making the human blush lightly.

"You're right. I heard Lucifer is doing much better and has some movement back in his wings. Rowena is truly doing a good job." Dean remarked turning to look at his Alpha. Which was a way of referring to Castiel that to anyone else made him feel sick, but not with Cas.

Castiel smiled, wings shifting behind him, glittering in the afternoon light
"She is." Leaning forward the Alpha kissed Dean on the cheek

"It's a good thing we're getting married soon though, I'll-I'll be showing soon and I-" Dean rambled his free hand resting nervously on his stomach, face turned towards the sea with a frown

"Dean, you worry to much. Let's head inside." Castiel added with a smile tugging lightly at Dean's hand.
Alpha and Omega re entered the castle hand in hand, going into the library where Sam was sitting curled on the window seat Reading, Gabriel on the floor beside him also reading, gold wings relaxed as he lifted his book to show something to Sam.

Gabriel and Sam had decided that while they were connected by Fate, now was not the time to make any decisions. Not until Sam was older. Whether or not they would become romantically involved they left unsaid and undetermined. Fate may have protected and helped Dean, Castiel, Michael and Lucifer. But if Gabriel and Sam decided to remain friends the rest of their lives, or become a pair, that was for them to decide down the road, not some magical draw.
Both Alpha's looked to the door with soft smiles
"Hey guys." Gabriel smirked eyes flicking between their intertwined hands before slipping back to the Enochian of his book.

"How was your walk? Gabriel requested lunch in the library today, and Michael said he'd be joining us when his meetings were done." Sam added tucking hair behind his ear

Dean moved to sit in an armchair, Castiel in the armchair beside them, hands still being held between them
"The walk went fine Sam. I don't ever want to do this wedding thing a third time." Dean groaned his free hand scrubbing over his face, shooting Gabriel a dirty look as the Alpha snickered and hid his smile behind his book "Shut up Gabriel."

Gabriel shrugged, laughter on his lips that turned to a playfil scowl as Sam flicked the back of his head.
"Hey!" He exclaimed turning a glare to Sam.

Castiel rolled his eyes with a huff
"Wow Gabriel, just-" all four heads turned to face the library door as Charlie came in with a cart to serve their lunch

The red head bowed, her fiery hair was braided into a halo as she smiled at the four Prince's
"My Princes." She chirped raising her head with shining eyes "I will get you all served." She added turning to her task.

As she finished handing out plates, and pouring drinks, the door opened again, slower this time. Michael stepped in first, followed by a slow walking Lucifer. The General had bandages around his head and neck, his arms, hands, his wings were splinted, bald patches of burned skin littered the once beautiful bloody red and pink hues.
Amber eyes looked at each Prince with a sigh of relief
"Hey." He huffed out, one arm stayed wrapped around his middle, the other hand gripping Michael's elbow.

Dean immediately stood up, moving pillows around on the love seat that sat across the armchairs he and Castiel were lounging in
"Sit here." He smiled shifting his weight nervously, gripping a throw pillow a little tightly as Michael helped Lucifer be seated gently on the couch, his white wings shifting with nervousness that laced the edges of his scent

"Thank you." Michael smiled, but frown when Dean bowed his head "You Don't have to bow."

"You're a King now Michael." Dean stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world

"We were almost married Dean, formalities mean nothing to me when it comes to friends and family." Michael added taking a seat beside Lucifer, watching the blonde's face for any sign of discomfort

Lucifer growled, his eyes narrowing at Michael
"Stop babying me. I'm fine."

Michael blushed in embarrassment, wings pulled tight behind him, and it made Sam actually snort
"Wow Michael. Quiet a blush for a fierce King."

"Sam is right. Perhaps the King like seeing bossed by his rude Alpha Mate." Castiel chimed in much to everyone's surprise.

Laughter filled the library as the Princes, the General, and the now King spent time together. All happy to have a break from the drama of war and plots to overthrow things.

With Chuck behind bars for the rest of his life, the Kingdoms were at peace and beginning to thrive, Hell was on the verge of a Civil War as people murmured about the scandal for the throne between Crowley and the now deceased Abaddon, but overall everything was going well.

The people of Heaven were highly impressed with Michael as their ruler. Some had an issue with his truemate being an Alpha, but most respected the Truemates Law. He had also pardoned The Witches, many coming out of hiding to live life's back among the people of their home Kingdoms, and all seemed well.

Sam would he heading back to his family's Kingdom after the wedding, As Earth was where Dean and Castiel had agreed to Honeymoon. Dean insisting it was beautiful this time of year, and yearning to show Castiel where he grew up. The Alpha of course would deny nothing if he could provide it. Including the two coming to the decision Dean would keep the child, and they would raise them as their own. It had been a hard decision, but Dean felt it was the right one, even if Charlie disagreed at first, her mind had been chance upon the couple saying she would be an amazing Aunt. It didn't make what happened better, and the nightmares and fear would never truly go away, but Dean was healing.

Everything that had happened they all knew they couldn't change, but they were all in this together, a family, and it was the start of something beautiful.