Chapter 49 - Emma

I woke to darkness, which made me confused. Had I only slept for a little while, or a whole day? But, when I stretched my arm and tapped the screen to my phone on the nightstand, it read ten-thirty am.

Huh, that was weird. It should've been light out by now. Instead, the room was pitch black.

Stretching out, I noticed the space behind me was empty and cold. Shit, I tensed before I once again reached for my phone and stared at the screen as it lit up; ten-thirty-two. Now, I also noticed the many unanswered calls and texts from Kevin.

Oh, shit.

Jumping out of bed, I ignored the tenderness I felt all around my body. I turned on the light on the nightstand and went in search of my dress, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

"Shit, shit, shit," I cursed as I looked around the pristine, clean floor, bare of any mess—including my clothes.

"What's going on?" I freaking leaped at the sound, too focused on finding my clothes to notice Callan by the door.

I was too stressed to even be embarrassed about walking so casually around him naked. Not that he hadn't seen every inch of me yesterday...

"Do you know where my dress is?" I asked, hearing the panic in my voice.

"I gave it to my housecleaner. Why? What's going on?" It wasn't until now that I saw how sweaty he was—sweaty and so fucking hot. He was wearing training shorts, showcasing the muscles he often hid under his suit. If I hadn't been so stressed, I would have jumped his bones right then.

His hotness short-circuited my brain, and I was left gaping. The recollection of yesterday when I'd seen him for the first time in all his naked glory bombarded my mind. He had a fucking piercing in his dick. Just the thought of it made my nipples harden and my pussy damp.

"Emma?" Callan prompted me.

Right, get a grip, Emma, I scolded myself. This was not the time to think about sex.

"I'm late to work. I forgot to set the alarm, and my phone was on silent," I explained in a rush. If there was one thing I hated, it was being late to anything, especially work. Kevin was dependent on me like I was on him. Being a server at the café was a two-man job, and I didn't want Kevin to be stuck with Oliver.

"Oh, I called in to tell them you weren't coming in today," Callan said, and I just about lost it.

"You did what?" I must've heard wrong; he wouldn't do that...right?

"You had an intense day yesterday, and I wouldn't be a good dom to you if I allowed you to go to work without resting fully and recharge."

He couldn't be serious. What the actual hell?

"Allow me?" I was full-blown shouting at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if steam were coming out of my ears.

"Emma, relax for a second and tell me how you feel," he said so fucking gently like I was some cornered animal he was trying to calm down.

"You want to know how I feel? I feel fucking pissed. You have absolutely no right to call work for me and tell them I wasn't coming. I'm not your fucking slave," I answered angrily. The fact that we were having this conversation with me naked was something I chose to ignore.

"Other than that, Emma. I'm serious. Take a few deep breaths and feel."

I could see he wouldn't let it go, so I did the stupid breathing exercise and felt. The first thing I noticed was the irritation brewing under the surface. I should be on my way to work right now, and not do...whatever this was. But then, when the initial adrenaline of realizing I was late went away, and the anger over what Callan had done was pushed to the side, I felt...exhausted—utterly drained. Though I was too prideful to admit it, and it seemed Callan knew that as well.

"Yesterday took a toll on your body, and it would've been reckless of me to take you to work when you need more rest. Going over the list for the first time can be mentally taxing, and then have your first session right after is a lot," he explained. "I won't feel bad for taking care of what's mine."

Trust me, I was still pissed, but at the same time...oddly grateful. Now that I was aware of how exhausted I actually was, the thought of going to work was unappealing, to say the least.

"I won't thank you if that's what you expect." I narrowed my eyes at him, because yes, I was too prideful for my own good.

Callan chuckled, "I wasn't. There are clothes in that room for you." He pointed towards a door I hadn't noticed before. "Get dressed before I decide you should go naked for the rest of the day instead." His eyes were hot on my body, scorching my skin. I hurried towards the door he'd indicated and walked inside; too afraid he would follow through and make me walk around naked. In other circumstances, I wouldn't be against it, meaning when I hadn't woken up at the wrong side of the bed.

I gasped when the lights automatically turned on, revealing several rows with woman clothes—the price tags still on.

Holy fuck, he'd bought me an entire wardrobe.

Taking the most comfortable looking clothes—a hoodie and sweatpants—I dressed in a hurry. Even though I didn't like him spending money on me, I didn't want to walk around naked either.

"You're taking the clothes back," I said as soon as I walked back into the bedroom; he was still standing in the doorway. "I can't accept them."

"Sweetheart, these clothes will stay, and you will use them. Unless, of course, you'd prefer being nude?" He smirked, and God, I just wanted to wipe the half-smile off his face. When I narrowed my eyes at him again, his smirk grew to a real smile. "Thought so."

This was definitely not how I'd envisioned this morning would go.

He moved closer to me, one step at a time. "When you're here, you will follow my rules. If I tell you to do something, you do it."

My heart was pounding. The more control Callan took, and the less I had..., the more turned on I got.

I was breathing heavily by the time he grabbed my chin and forced me to look up into his eyes, craning my neck to do so.

"And if I don't?" I whispered.

"If you don't...you will be punished."

That was a promise if I'd ever heard one.