Chapter 37 - Emma

Spending the night and morning at Mateo's place was surprisingly fun and relaxing. He took such good care of me that I was almost dreading going home to my empty and lousy apartment. The glass of water by the nightstand that I'd said no to before I went to bed was a blessing when I woke up in the middle of the night, thirsty as all hell.

I'd woken up to me grinding on his dick, but in my defense, I thought it all was just a really realistic dream—until I realized it wasn't. Whoops. And the way he'd woken me up further...a girl could get used to that kind of start to the day.

The visual I'd gotten of his—seriously big—dick was ingrained into my brain and was now living rent-free inside my mind. The first thought I had when he revealed his package to me was holy shit, and the next was ouch, because let's face it, that looked like it would hurt. How the hell would that even fit in my pussy?

When I got down for breakfast, dressed in some of his clothes, I had once again become a little self-conscious. But Mateo didn't let me retreat into my little "shy bubble" for long, getting me into a conversation about our favorite books. Where I adored romance books, he leaned towards thriller and mystery. I felt myself unwind as we continued talking about mundane, everyday things. I learned he doesn't drink coffee at all. He was more of a tea person. It was great to have a normal conversation with him without talking about BDSM and all things connected to it.

As promised, after breakfast, he gave me a tour of the house. I had imagined these three men would all live in some ridiculous expensive place with millions of square miles. Still, I wasn't entirely surprised Mateo lived in a house like this either. Everything here was warm and cozy, and small without it feeling cramped.

It suited him.

"I guess I should be going home," I said after a while, not wanting to overstay my welcome. Also, I had things to do, like the doctor's appointment at my place. Shit, that was weird.

"Sure, I'll go find you some pants in case you don't want to wear the dress." His thoughtful gesture made me smile. The only thing I was wearing right now was one of his boxers—my panties were literally crispy and gross—and his tee-shirt.

Walking up to get changed, I met Mateo by the stairs.

"I left the pants on the bed. It's one of my sister's from when she sleeps over."

"Thanks, I appreciate that." Never had anyone else I'd gone home with been so considerate. I had to admit it made my heart beat just a little bit faster.

Mateo drove me in the same car as yesterday, though I'd been too tired to even notice what I was sitting in—it could've been a golf cart for all I knew at that time. The car wasn't super extravagant, like Callan's, but it was still nicer than most. It was silver, and the only reason I knew it was an Audi was because my dad had one as well, albeit a much older and cheaper version.

By the time he parked the car by my apartment complex, the clock was twelve-thirty pm. I'd promised to call Kevin back when I got home; he wasn't pleased with the little info I'd given him when I was still at Mateo's. He loved gossip, and for me, it felt good to share all this craziness with someone.

"I'll walk you up," Mateo stated, and I froze. Fuck, I didn't want him to see my apartment. I already knew I was playing with a league way ahead of me, but he didn't need to know that.

"It's okay. You don't have to," I protested.

"No, but I want to," he smiled and got out of the car. I was too stressed to do anything, so when he opened the door for me and offered his hand, I accepted without thought.

I tried not to notice how he was scrutinizing the building, which wasn't exactly up to standard for anyone but those who struggled financially.

When I opened the entrance door to the building, Mateo paused. "Why isn't this locked?"

"Uh... the lock is broken, I think. It's been like that since before I moved in." In fact, I'd been nagging the landlord to get it fixed—in the start at least, but when he kept promising to do it but didn't, I let it go. Luckily, I lived on the third floor, which was just a little bit safer.

He didn't say anything more as we began walking to my apartment, but I could see his brows was knitted. Outside my door, I hesitated slightly. Should I invite him in, or...?

"Do you...um...do you want to come in?" I asked awkwardly, hoping he didn't take me up on the offer. Usually, I wasn't this embarrassed to be living in a crampy space with bare minimum furniture, but then again, I'd never really hung out with any wealthy people either.

"No thanks, another time. I got something that needs taken care of."

"Well, then. Thanks for taking such good care of me," I blushed, my thought going immediately to this morning when he did take real good care of me.

"Anytime, Gorgeous. Hope you have a great day, and I'll see you on Sunday." Mateo kissed my cheek, and that stupid blush spread even farther. I wouldn't be surprised if I was entirely red in the face and neck right about now.

"See you on Sunday," I agreed and waited until he'd gone downstairs before I unlocked my door. I could already tell I needed to be careful with Mateo; he was too dangerous to my heart, and I couldn't allow my heart to become involved.

My place felt hollow and sad after spending time at Mateo's. His house had been so warm and homey, while mine was neither.

Just as I settled on the bed, which was often used as a sofa, my phone rang—it was Kevin, and he wanted to facetime.

"How's my cute little submissive?" Kevin teased as soon as I answered.

I shook my head as I groaned; he was just being his typical self. "I'm great, really great. Damn, these guys Kevin, they're so..." I trailed off, searching for the right words, "intense and experienced, and I feel so safe with them."

"Oh shush, you're making me jealous," he joked. "So, you didn't answer my question earlier, at least not directly. What did it mean that you technically didn't sleep together?"

"We, eh... they kind of... got me off?" My statement sounded more like a question. "Let's just say they had their dessert." Damn, who was I? I went from shitty one-night stands and then giving that up because they were indeed shitty to getting pleasure from multiple men at once. How did a change like that even happen? Geez, I'd never even had an orgasm with anyone but me. Those men really knew their stuff.

"What?" Kevin shrieked, hurting my ears. "Are you saying they eat you out?"

"Yes?" I winced, too new at talking about my sexcapades.

"Damn girl, you're getting some. But no D yet?"

"No, we haven't done anything like that yet." I narrowed my eyes, noticing once again how his hair was in disarray. "But it seemed like someone else did," I stated.

I'd never seen Kevin blush before, that was more my thing, but now he was definitely blushing.

Taking that as a confirmation, I asked, "Who's the guy?"

"Fine. Yeah, I met a guy," he admitted. "It's all very new, but I really like him. He's one of the good ones."

"Babe?" A voice in the background called out, and I laughed.

"I'm really happy to hear that, Kevin, Now, go be with him. We can meet up tomorrow and talk more?" I asked and hoped he would say yes. I needed to keep busy tomorrow, or else I would go crazy with nerves and excitement to meet with the guys on Sunday.

"Yes! I need a drink and more gossip," he nodded enthusiastically.

"Great, talk to you then!"

Hanging up, I checked the clock. I still had time to kill before the doctor would get here, and my eyes went back to the phone in my hand. Maybe I should check out the list Callan sent me.

Yup, I should definitely check it out.