Chapter 71 - Emma

Callan brought me to another orgasm before we finally got out of bed, our bodies glistening with sweat. Liquid of both his cum and my own juice ran down my legs, and as much as I needed a shower, I needed water first.

Damn, I was parched after our morning sex. The heavy breathing and activity would do that to you. I chugged an entire bottle of water before I stumbled into the bathroom. My body was sore in places I wasn't used to, and it ached as I walked.

Callan was already inside the shower, with steam surrounding him. For a minute, I just stood in the doorway, looking my fill. Even naked, he didn't look vulnerable. Instead, he looked powerful. His body was lean and muscular, and that ass...I'd probably manage to bounce a quarter on it. I knew for a fact that his front was just as impressive, with abs for day and a vee so perfect I wanted to trail their path with my fingertips—or my tongue.

Shaking my head at where my mind was taking me, I had to remind myself that I didn't have time for a third session.

He turned around at the sound of the door shutting and smirked when he saw me standing in front of him, just as naked as he was. Given how intimately he already knew my body, I didn't feel the need to hide like I'd done before. Though, I still had a few hang-ups, but I was working on getting over them.

"Come join me," he ordered, opening up the transparent shower curtain.

I took a step towards him and was just about to get in with him when he shouted and jumped away from the spray of water. I couldn't hold in my laugh as he narrowed his eyes at the showerhead.

"I should've probably warned you that my shower can be a bit unpredictable," I chuckled. I got fully in the shower and stuck a hand under the water to feel if the temperature was back to normal. It was. Usually, the sudden cold—or hot—water only lasted a couple of seconds before it stabilized.

"How the fuck do you manage to shower in this?" With his eyes still narrowed, he joined me under the stream.

Shrugging, I answered, "I do what you just did, jump out of the way when the temperature changes. It's not like I can avoid showering."

"Humph," was the sound he made as he turned me completely towards him, chest against chest, so my back was to the stream. He reached for the shampoo behind me and took the cap off. Pouring a decent amount into his hand before he placed it back on the shelf. I almost jumped as he started massaging the shampoo into my scalp. The move surprised me, just because I wasn't used to this.

Callan was a special kind of man, intriguing because his usual attitude and general behavior were far from all that he was.

Like Mateo were two people, so it seemed Callan was too. He was bossy and full of authority but could be so gentle at times, it made me swoon.

People who'd only met him once would never know the things—no matter how big or seemingly small—he did for the ones in his life. He helped a man start a successful business, he worried about me being safe, and when I hadn't texted him back, he came to make sure with his own eyes. He could surprise you with the sweetest things, like taking care of me by washing me with gentle hands, just after he was done fucking me hard into the mattress.

My head fell back, and my eyes closed automatically as I moaned in contentment. Any touch from him­—from any of the guys—no matter how innocent, felt like every cell in my body was coming alive.

"Enjoying yourself?" he chuckled, and I felt the sound deep in my bones.

"Very much," I smiled. Callan helped me wash out the shampoo and then did conditioning.

I could stay here for the entire day, just him and me. I didn't want to leave my apartment or even the shower. Just as I thought that the water turned freezing, making us both jump away at the same time, me stumbling into him. He caught us before we went falling, and when I looked up, a laugh was sitting ready on his lips, causing my own to spill out.

This time the water stayed freezing, which didn't happen often. Luckily, we'd managed to wash out the condition before that happened.

Grabbing two clean towels from the cabinet under the sink, I handed one to him. He didn't bother drying himself; he just wrapped it around his hips.

"I'll make you some breakfast. I don't think you'll have time to eat it here, but you can take it to go," Callan said, kissing my forehead and left me alone to get ready for work. I couldn't help but look as he walked away wrapped in a towel that was ridiculously small on him, and did I forget to mention that it was pink? Still, that man could walk around in the nude and still hold more authority than a sheriff in full uniform.

Swiping away the damp from the mirror above the sink, I could see a flushed face staring back at me. The hard fucking I'd gotten, not once, but twice, was evident in the wildness in my eyes and the pinkness of my cheeks. If I hadn't just showered, I knew my hair would've looked like a bird's nest.

This person I was looking at was someone I'd wished to be only a month prior, someone who'd gone after what she wanted and got it. It was crazy how much could change in such a short amount of time.

Wrapping my own towel around me, I went past the kitchen and to my closet, having forgotten the stupid café uniform. I could feel Callan's eyes on me, and as much as I loved the heat from his gaze, I tried to ignore it. If I didn't, I would definitely be late to work, and I hated being late.

By the time we were on the road, Callan had managed to make me another toast, which I was gratefully eating as he drove. He'd certainly made me hungry after the morning we'd had.

He hadn't commented on my clothing, but I had seen him look at it in amusement just as I'd taken it on. If I didn't respect Agnes so damn much, I would've asked if I could've had the old uniform back. The old one had been just as uncomfortable, but at least that one had been in neutral colors; beige with white details.

"Are you sure you can't tell me about your plans for us?" I tried one more time, too freaking curious about our evening together.

"You'll find out soon enough," he answered. "And don't think I've forgotten what happened this morning. I did say I would punish you for it, didn't I?"

I shivered, remembering his promise to me of punishment for not following his order fast enough. My mind came up with all kinds of ideas of what he would do to me, and I didn't dislike any one of them.