(2.20.18) Defining Them - T, 5.4k [C]

["These two, they make a ball of colliding descriptions made for a recipe of disaster, yet somehow, they work out just fine..."]

Concealed

They sat at their lunch table during their free period. A food-truck sat outside, beckoning the kids of Hollywood Arts to join around the Asphalt Café. The group at their table, each a rather interesting person to their own, conversing with the common things. First it was about the food, then new movies coming out, and then the gossip circulating around the school. Two girls, sat beside one another (there was no other room otherwise), their meals finished and containers empty.

They listened to the chatter beside them, occasionally commenting. They weren't oblivious to the cautious attitudes of each of the group members, weary of another bicker. They were safe, and sound.

Jade West (a rather intimidating girl, I think) allowed her hand to dance onto the other's thigh. Her nails pricked against jeans, allowing a small grin from Tori Vega (not an intimidating girl, most of the time, I assume).

Nobody knew as their playful touches became habit. No one saw how their gazes became more...intrigued.

They were concealed for a time - a long time.

Until the spell of secrets were broken slowly since, usually, those usually break at home before school.

— — — — — — — — —

Unexpected.

A word chosen so carefully by Trina Vega, so deliberate rather, once she had closed her bedroom door for the night, tucking herself into bed. She hadn't gone to sleep for the longest time (Trina wasn't fond of that, especially since she knew that beauty sleep was essential) after the...incident. In her heart, she knew that the...incident would be brought up years later as a spontaneous, humorous tale for college nights. Whether or not those nights would end well, she didn't know (Trina imagined herself having three shots of tequila before admitting the...incident).

Though, her thoughts at the moment dwelled on the fact that the night wasn't going to breach her lips, even with a gallon of tequila in her system. It had startled her to silence, and she never would have imagined her sister with...her...doing...what shouldn't be named. (Briefly that line - verbatim, mind you - crossed her thoughts, and she figured that just expressing her sister doing...her...was more fitting. For myself, I'd propose that the latter would explain the...incident in a much quicker fashion.)

As forewarned, Trina's beliefs of Tori and Jade's "friendship" was completely shattered. For one, their "friendship" was no more - before the...incident, I mean - than just enemies taking breaks at times and finding some sort of platonic relationship. They fought like they were in hell's world, then the two girls would join the gang for coffee. Nothing in Tori and Jade's relationship was predictable.

Though one thing was definitely certain (for Trina and the majority of people): The two girls had it for each other. Not in the sense that - in Trina's mind before the...incident - they were together, hands joined. No, she imagined their hands to their bodies - yes - at their throats.

Nothing to do with admiration by any means.

At. All.

However, she did find herself in a string of odd luck - some good, some bad - and her coming to terms with Tori's secret was amongst them. Perhaps it was the strangest of them all. (I'd say nothing would top finding a fifty dollar bill in a vending machine... And not in the slot for bills, bit in a can of soda. I did say that some where good for Trina, didn't I?) Anyway, the...incident was definitely the most unexpected (hence Trina's choice of vocabulary).