(2.3.18) Night at Wanko's - T, 3.1k [C]

["'She did like your gift last year, even if she tried to sell it...'"]

"Why is that not a good idea? It's the perfect gift for her!"

I only roll my eyes at her remark, shaking my head. "No," I groan, "We aren't giving her a...a...that for her birthday. She'd kill me." I turn to my side, finding Jade stuffing her fists in her grey jacket. "Now, honestly, I asked you to help me because you would know what to give her."

"Right, and I just told you she'd love a dildo. You know, one of those sparkly ones that she can blubber about when anybody finds it," she shrugs.

Scoffing - since this is the worst conversation I can have with Jade ever - I growl, "Would you wipe that stupid smirk on your face because I'm not giving my sister a sex toy!" I stammer once her smirk creases deeper, a sinister glint in her eyes. "Wha...what's that look for?" I ask hesitantly before turning around. I can feel the intense blush across my cheeks as the elderly man with his orange vest stares blankly at me. Swiftly turning back to Jade, I ask quietly, "Did I say that too loud?"

"You sure did," she snickers.

My eyes close once steps shuffle to us, the older man murmuring, "So, uh, ladies...the store's going to close in ten minutes. Do you want help finding something for your sister's birthday? We have a good sale on, erm...anything else."

"Um...yes, yes," I nod, still baffled about my outburst. "So my-" my eyes dart to the side, Jade folding her arms. "So my friend here was suggesting that I could get her that, though I don't think she would appreciate it," I snap, glaring to my right. "But I could use some help... I don't know what to get her."

"Ah," he gave a ginger smile, his gaze avoiding Jade entirely, "well search around the store maybe in the clothes section to the right, that is a good one to do for a present. Now we do only have the ten minutes so check out during that if you will."

"Yeah," and a thanks answers him, our steps gliding along the aisles. I still feel my cheeks and they are far from cold, Jade still bearing a small smile behind me.

"Could you help me? Like actually help me?" I snap once we both duck into a baby area. Clothes are nicely folded in the center, soft under the touch of our fingers as Jade refuses to answer, still in her sadistic bliss. "Jade!" I then whip around, pale eyes narrowing towards my own. "Could you actually help me for a moment?!"

Her glare strikes down immediately, her expression morphing into a real pissed one. "Why don't you run along with Beck for it? Why did you ask me?!" I decide not to answer and turn away, my palm brushing against the small shoes. She scoffs at that, folding her arms before pouting in the corner. I glance over at her glare, stretching a small smirk across my lips - she reminds me of Grumpy Cat.

And so I tell her.

"Piss off."

"Exactly," I snicker, Jade rolling her eyes. "Anyway, Miss Grumpy," I continue, "would you mind helping me with this? I don't want to screw up like last time."

"Uh yeah," she exhales sharply, "I would mind. And besides, you could give her the best gift and the world and she'd shove it up her ass and not give a care in the world... Which brings me back to suggesting that you should give her a-"

"Jade, shut-the-fuck-up," I spit, feeling oddly relieved when she halts at the obscenity. At the very least, she stops sulking in the corner and does roam around the small circle, eyes to the soft, small and exaggerated colors of clothing in the piles. I continue to scour around the corner of the store, large boxes for baby tents - which didn't look all that fun - strollers and other various large items set in the racks while the clothing and diapers created the small, organized mountain of stacks in the middle of the aisle.