(7.15.17) Testing the Waters - T, 6.3k [A]

["'And yet, I couldn't just sit there. I had to face the reality of my fears so that my greatest one wouldn't become a reality,' she murmured, pale eyes flickering towards Tori."]

A group of teens strode towards the beach, warm sand flowing between their toes. Each wore a wide grin, flashing it against the sun with various sunglasses planted on the bridges of their noses. Cat giggles at the thought of splashing about in the welcoming waters, her straight red hair falling to her back as an awkward boy followed behind. Andre, sporting blue trunks, jogged after the other two, his eyes crinkling as the girl in the purple bathing suit splashed Robbie's glasses.

Running a hand through his fluffy, short mane, Beck turned around with the half-Latina striding forward, an eyebrow raising behind him. "Jade? Come on, the water isn't going to have any dolphins in it," he rolled his eyes at her cross expression. Unlike the rest, she remained clad in her long black jeans and studded belt, a light jacket hugging her ripped tank top of her favorite trilogy.

Thumbing along the rim of the abstract, bloodied scissors coming from the corner of the shirt, the goth growled, "I won't take the chance. Like I said, I'll just read."

"And pout because we're not going to the movies today," Beck mumbled under his breath, not wanting his former girlfriend to actually hear. He grimaced as she snapped a vicious retort; 'Of course she had to hear,' his thoughts hummed. With her by his side, he murmured, "Well are you going to tomorrow? It's not often the whole group is at my uncle's resort."

"Aye," she mocked, her eyes flowing back towards the pine trees behind her. The Canadian scowled as a devious smirk flashed his way. It didn't necessarily surprise him though, it just ticked him off. Jade had always known how to. Brushing the slight tension aside, Jade twisted around as Beck waddled towards her with a cooler in his right fist, a small umbrella under his other arm. "You need help?" she asked lowly.

Dark eyes narrowed at her briefly, his head jerking towards the path between the trees, leading to the ledge that rose above the small, miniature gulf. "Go get towels and the basket," he ordered.

"Keys," she held her hand out, pale eyes shaded with gold rimmed aviators lingering towards the rental van perched at the top, silver glimmering in her eyes. Beck struggled briefly - with zero help coming from Jade - to toss her the keys. With pale hands gripping the chain, she nodded before jogging towards the path, her raven hair lined with dark green falling behind. Beck nodded, thankful that she didn't go against his word before he started to set up.

With the umbrella planted firmly into the ground, the cooler sitting in the shade of it, Beck gave a soft grin, peeling his white shirt off. "Hey, where's Jade?"

Dark eyes flicked towards Tori, water droplets running all across her tan body, her own brown eyes glancing around curiously. "Went to go get towels and the food," he nodded towards the van parked within their range of sight on the high tall ledge.

The Vega recalled the sight from the top of it, her eyes constantly veering down as they were all up top. The drop looked sickening, even if it was barely taller than a one story house. Perhaps two if the home had lower ceilings. Coming out of the trees that separated the parking and the small beach - she saw - was the smaller figure of Jade trekking her way towards the van. Nodding, Tori mumbled, "Alright. Cool, I'm gonna need to eat soon anyway."

Her legs carried her back towards the water, Beck grinning as he followed. "Whoa," his eyes snapped towards the waves coming in, "Is that seaweed?"

Tori put her shades to the top of her head, a smile forming across her lips. "It kind of looks like it, yeah."

"Cool," Beck chuckled, watching as the small waves rustled against the group's lower legs. "Well come on! Let's go!" Both the tanned teens raced towards the water - Beck winning as Tori chortled along with his victory dance - while steps hiked back down the path. The basket rustled in her grip, towels within the handle and over her shoulders while a thick book was at the other hand. She padded her way through the sand, grumbling as the wood of the basket rubbed against her palms.