(7.19.17) Taping an Angel's Secret - M, 6.6k [A]

[The image of Tori and Jade's friendship shatters overnight once a vengeful video surfaces on TheSlap that will either break them apart or have them become closer than ever before.]

"Uh huh, right. I still never talk like that," she growled stubbornly as the thespian beside her chortled, brushing raven hair and a strand of dark purple to the side.

Taking a bite of her sandwich, Jade snapped, "Well I haven't heard any different... What, you think you're more like an angel than a sweet, Southern girl?"

"Show me," Tori crossed her arms with her eyebrow raised, the rest of the table watching gleefully.

"Oh," Jade breathed out long and airily, "Well God bless my soul and all the others around me, I didn't mean for my beautiful, darling friend to drop my soda on that poor, sweet boy's shoe and for me to have to teach her the ways of the lord-"

"Now that's just mean," the half-Latina flushed as the rest of the table barreled in laughter.

"That makes her sound more like an idiot!" Cat exclaimed, a smug grin crawling across Jade's lips.

"Hey!" Tori gasped hotly, "Now I don't sound like- Oh I give up...I'm done with the stupid voice anyway. I have something better."

"Oh what's that?" Andre grinned, "You gonna try and find a sharper pair of scissors to beat Jade at her game?"

"Or drink a hotter cup of coffee?" Robbie joined in.

The Vega merely rolled her eyes, Jade raising an eyebrow at her - for what she thought - was "worthy" competition. "So Jadie-" Tori started in her baby talk, pinching Jade's cheek as she swiped, "How does it feel to be eighteen? Hmm? Aw, look, the little babby is getting all upset."

"Okay, first off, I'm only a few weeks younger than Cat and secondly don't ever call me 'babby,'" Jade scowled, folding her arms as Tori grinned victoriously.

"See? Told you," as the rest nodded in agreement, "So what is it 'ittle babby? Do you still suck your thumbsies?"

"No," the goth snarled, popping in her middle finger to suck on it for a brief moment before pulling it back out, blowing into it right before Tori's face.

Beck merely chuckled, folding his arms. "I think you got her Tori, she doesn't flip the bird unless she has no other options..."

"Fuck you."

"Or that," he replied cheekily. "Anyway, so you two and Andre are in the contest in a few weeks?" the Canadian asked softly, the three nodding.

"Yeah, I don't know what I'll do. It would be a good help to get some money saved up for college," Andre muttered, going back to his burger.

"Right, just need to get into at least fourth place. Tori, of course, will get first with her voice of an angel," Jade growled.

"Oh you quit that," the half-Latina slapped the goth's arm once 'angel' was drawn out.

— — — — — — — — —

He whistled as he strode in through the doors, gazing around the tall ceilings. "Hey! Todd! You made it dude!" a redhead jogged towards the brunette, clapping his hand on the other's shoulder. "This party's awesome, and look at this place! A freaking hotel! You can't get much better than Jade's parties," he chuckled, sipping on his red pixie cup.

"Yeah, looks sick man," Todd nodded, following the other, "So what's going on in there then?"

"Uh, there's some drinks that a few brought in, though they're all shit," the redhead responded, "There's a few who have a room for the night, though I think that's only Jade's group. Anyway, there's a dance floor, a buffet, a pool down there and then an arcade down the hall."