Disappointment(new)

Written 30/1/2015

Disappointment

Anertha sat quietly, humming to herself under the breath, reading the front page of the Daily Prophet. Another attempt at a break in at Gringotts.

"Honestly..." She muttered, shaking her head.

"Anertha.....breakfast." Her mother called from the kitchen. Anertha placed the paper on the garden bench and headed inside to where her family sat at the ornate dining table. Personally Anertha felt it was too large for the kitchen but her parents liked it, as it was a gift from her late grandmother.

"So, are we looking forward to third year kids?" Amos asked as he stuffed a sausage in his mouth. Cedric grunted in response as he polished off the eggs in front of him. Anertha shrugged, same old school life. Except, there were two things she looked forward to; seeing Fred and playing Quidditch.
Cedric coughed and put his fork down.

"I have news actually." He smiled.

"Oh? Do tell my son."

Anertha and her mother looked up from the plates in interest.

"Well, you know when the post came a few days ago? Well I had an extra letter within the envelope, placed behind our school lists. You see, our captain has left school now and they'll be needing another one and....they chose me. I'm the new Captain of the Hufflepuff Quidditch team." He beamed, proudly.

Amos' smile matched his and he patted Cedric on the back. "We are proud of you son. Aren't we dear?" He looked to his wife.

"Of course we are my darling." She rubbed his shoulder.

"Yeah, well done Ced." Anertha mumbled, knowing what was coming next.

Her father looked to her.

"See Anertha you need be more like your brother, then maybe you would be captain also."

"Father, we have Oliver Wood. He hasn't left yet. Besides I don't want to be captain. I don't need the attention."

"I don't want attention..." Cedric groaned offended.

"Anertha...." Her mother warned.

"No, why must you always put me down father? It is because I am not a Hufflepuff like Cedric and you? Or the majority of our family to be exact." She scorned.

"Your mother is a Gryffindor Anertha." He spoke flatly.

"Ah yes but you have no control over her. Cedric is your golden boy and I'm just your disappointment!" She raised her voice and rose from the table.

"Anertha sit down, please." Her mother begged.

She stormed from the kitchen and into her room where she slammed the door shut and slid down against it, sitting on the floor. Her door handle moved as someone tried to get in.

"Go away!" She snapped.

She heard someone sitting themselves down on the floor outside her door, leaning against the other side.

"I'm sure dad doesn't see you as a disappointment. I know mum doesn't and I certainly don't." Cedric's voice filtered through the closed door. Anertha didn't say a word. Minutes passed until he spoke again.

"Annie?"

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

When again she didn't answer he stood up and sighed, knowing it was best to leave his sister alone. She got to her feet and opened the door, stepping out into the hallway, he was almost at the stairs.

"Cedric..."

He turned back to face her. "Yeah?"

"I love too too." She smiled, walking down the hall to hug him closely. She didn't know what she would do if she ever lost him. When everything else seemed dark, she could always rely of him to brighten it for her.

"Fancy a breakfast picnic in the woods away from dad?" He smirked. She nodded and he took her hand, leading her down the stairs.

{This chapter is dedicated to my late brother figure Teddy <3}