The unexpected attack

Written 1/3/2013

The unexpected attack {Based on their 7th year}

'What kind of moron gets beaten by a girl?' George moaned bitterly as they left the room of requirement. 'Ah, come on George, don't be a sore loser.' Fred said gleefully as he pushed his brother. 'Anertha beat you' George smiled. Fred's smile turned into a frown. 'Ah, come on Fred, don't be a sore loser.' He smirked. Anertha had caught up with them at this point. 'Now now boys.' She grinned. The twins laughed with her as they walked to dinner. Taunts like this were often used after the DA lessons. It was all good fun. Over the years Anertha had become more of another limb to the twins. They were rarely seen without her. The three of them were very close. So it made sense when Arthur Weasley was attacked, she became support for the twins. Fred, Anertha and George were sat up late in the common room, when Ron and Harry came running down the stairs.' 'Harry?' George caught sight of Harry's pale face. 'It's dad! Harry says he's been attacked! We're going to get McGonagall.' Ron sounded worried. Fred and George went equally pale. Anertha stood and made her way to the stairs. 'I'll get Ginny, go!' She disappeared. After she woke Ginny, they caught up with the boys in Dumbledore's office. Ginny sat down in a chair in front of her brothers. Anertha stood next to Fred, holding his hand and Ginny's. They all stood silent as Dumbledore spoke. They all stayed perfectly still until Dumbledore gave them the go ahead to leave. The Weasley children were out of the door in flash, making their way back to the common room. Anertha however stayed behind on Dumbledore's orders. 'You will heading with them.' He said simply. She looked at him confused. She wasn't a relation. She didn't understand. 'Thank you sir, but-' '-I may be old dear, but I am not blind, I can see they need you. Through difficult times such as this, everyone needs a shoulder to lean on, and I can see you are that shoulder.' He turned away and said nothing more. She took this as her queue to leave. As she exited his office, she was confused but grateful at the same time. As she rounded the corner she saw Fred and George waiting for her. 'You two should be getting ready to go.' She said as she lead them back to the common room. 'Fred wanted to wait. What did Dumbledore want?' George asked. 'I'm coming with you.' She said shortly. 'Too right. I need you there.' Fred looked to the floor, this was one of the first time she saw him vulnerable. 'Anertha! Fred! George!' Ginny called as she ran over and hugged the three of them. 'Finally, come on!' She urged. After they were all changed, they made their way to the designated portkey and left. Arthur Weasley returned home for Christmas. The family were more than happy about his recovery. Mrs Weasley was down in the kitchen with Hermione and Ginny preparing the feast. While Ron, Harry and George set the table. Fred and Anertha remained upstairs. Fred was trying to persuade his girlfriend to write to her parents. She hadn't spoken to them in months, not since she moved out after Cedric's funeral. 'It's Christmas. They are probably just as upset as you. It's not gonna be easy for any of you, first one without Cedric, but for them you're not there either.' He was holding out a quill and some parchment. 'Fine, I'll write mum a letter, but I'm not talking to my dad.' She snatched the parchment from Fred's hands. 'That's something I guess.' He sat and watched her write. Anertha had become estranged from her father since Cedric's death. He had been her father's golden boy, the son he always wanted. Cedric was his favourite. Of course her mother saw them as equals and would often remind Amos he had a daughter too. She didn't doubt her father didn't love her, she knew he did, but she wasn't Cedric. Her father struggled to cope after his death, causing Anertha to move in with the Weasleys. 'There.' She said as she folded the parchment up and tied it to her new owl's leg. Fred opened the window and watched as the owl flew away with the letter. ' Come on then, let's go down. They'll be waiting.' Fred smiled as he pulled Anertha up from the bed and kissed her softly, before making their way downstairs. Anertha couldn't help but smile as she celebrated the holidays with the Weasleys, there was nowhere else she wanted to be.