The Threat

Written 4/9/2013

{The Threat}

Anertha walked gracefully around the woods surrounding her family home in Ottery St Catchpole. Her fingers glided over the top of the long grass, lingering on a few strands. She inhaled deeply as she walked, taking in the summer morning. It was peaceful, just what she needed before a day with the family. This summer was different from previous summers, there were no Weasley's around; no Fred, no George. They were on vacation to Egypt. She heard a twig break behind her, she stopped immediately. Her heart thumped when a pair of hands covered her eyes. A few seconds later, a snigger came from behind her.She knew immediately who is was. 'Cedric.' She moaned as she prised his hands off her face. She turned to scowl at him. 'You know I like walking on my own in the morning.' Cedric rolled his eyes and laughed, mimicking what she just said just under his breath. 'I got bored.' He smirked. 'So you've come to annoy me?' She asked, still frowning. 'You got it on one. You know if you keep frowning your face will stay that way.' He smiled. She couldn't help but laugh, he always managed to get her to laugh even if she didn't want to. It was a gift of his and she loved him for it. They heard their mother's voice calling them frantically in the distance. 'Well that doesn't sound good.' Cedric commented. 'What did you do now Annie?' 'What? Me? That's not fair it could be you.' Anertha said defensively. Cedric laughed at her. 'You are the one dating the prankster.' Anertha stuck her tongue out and lead the way back to the Diggory house. Their mother was standing in the doorway. She pulled them into the house hastily when she saw them. 'In...In...' She ushered. She shut the door and locked it immediately with a face of panic. The Diggory twins looked to each other confused and shrugged. 'Mum?' Anertha asked. 'I have just received a letter from your father, there has been a sighting of Sirius Black near the village. You are to stay indoors until we know it is completely safe!' Cedric's face fell. 'But it's summer!' He moaned. Their mother gave the, both a stern look. 'Inside.' She repeated before walking away into the kitchen. 'I wish dad hadn't of told us about this Black man, this summer is not going to be fun.' Anertha sighed. Cedric sat beside her on the couch, tilting his head back against the wall. His hand fell onto hers. 'We shall make it fun, I promise.' He gave her a half smile. 'If I have to be stuck inside with anyone, I'd rather it be you.' She smiled back. 'Not Fred?' He winked. 'Ow!' He moaned as she hit him lightly on the head. 'You know I love you more.' The pair laughed as they relaxed together on the sofa.