The Banning

Written 16/4/2013

The Banning {Based on their 7th year. Book}

Anertha watched as Ron skulked off the pitch, head hung low. Despite happiness that they had won, she felt sad for Ron. Even though he was making progress in their private practices, the nerves diminished it all. She hadn't noticed what was going on behind her. When she turned around; Angelina and Katie were restraining Fred by his arms, Alicia had his shoulders. George and Harry were stood not too far in front, fists clenched. It didn't take her long to work out what was happening. Draco stood tall, words of hurt pouring from the vile contraption that was his mouth. Fred was bearing his teeth, his eyes filled with a darkness Anertha was scared of. 'A little help!' Snapped Angelina, Anertha took hold of George's robes and with her other hand, she placed it on Fred's chest. She could feel Fred pushing as Draco carried on. Then all of a sudden she lost hold of George. 'NO! HARRY! GEORGE!' The girls began screaming as the boys advanced on Malfoy. It was useless. There was nothing she could do for him now, so she turned to face Fred. 'Fred.' She croaked, slightly nervous of his behaviour. He flashed her a look of annoyance, it threw her, she took a deep breath. 'Please, calm down,' she placed her hands either side of his face, 'you know better than to listen to him!' Fred stared at her in anger. 'He's insulting my family! I don't expect you to understand! Yours is distant or dead! Let. Me. Go.' Fred snarled as he shook her hands from him. Anertha took a step back. Hurt. She watched Fred relax a little as Harry and George walked by, back to the castle. She turned and saw Madam Hooch's sour face and the laughs of the Slytherin's. She had been so absorbed in her boyfriend she missed the lot. 'Let him go.' She instructed the girls. They obliged. Fred shook free and stormed into the changing room. 'You ok?' Angelina asked Anertha. 'Yeah...' She lied as she wiped a tear from her eye.

Anertha sat on the desk in the captain's office. 'For the last time Ange, he didn't mean it!' Angelina sat back down in her chair. 'Yeah? Well where is he then?' Anertha looked to the door leading to the changing room. 'He'll come find me when he is ready.' She was right. Fred appeared pale-faced and shaken in the doorway. Angelina stood and left them alone. Anertha didn't move. She just looked at him. Fred looked to the floor. 'I...I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped at you like that. Malfoy...He just, got to me, I saw red.' He looked up at her, his eyes filled with the softness that she adored. 'You scared me Fred. I have never seen....I just can't believe that was you...' Fred pulled her from the table. 'I'm sorry...I'm so sorry! I love you. Please forgive me!' He begged. She felt herself soften. She kissed him. 'I do, but if you EVER treat me like that again Fred!' He pulled her close. 'I won't...I won't!' He said frantically. He kissed her gently, testing the water, Anertha kissed him back. 'That did NOT help my mood. Can you two quit sucking face?' Came George's sour voice from behind them. Fred turned to see his twin enter the room, his lip still swollen. 'Mate that looks...attractive.' Fred tried to joke but it was no use, George was shaking with anger. Fred let go of Anertha and sat next to him. 'What happened?' He asked his brother. 'We got detention.' Fred looked confused. 'We get that all the time. Why are you-' '-Umbridge got involved. She has more control. Me and Harry got lifetime bans from playing!' George growled. 'What? That's barbaric!' Fred exclaimed. 'Mmmm you're banned too.' Anertha stood shocked. 'He didn't do anything!' She argued. 'She figured we had the same temper.' Sighed George. 'She wouldn't be wrong.' Anertha flashed Fred a look, he looked down at the floor again. 'I'll let you change. See you back in the common room.' She gave the twins one last look before leaving the tent. Banned? Her heart broke, she had played with them from the start, could she really play without them?