Our New Chapter

HC Our New Chapter Written 3/7/2013

Anertha's eye remained open as she lay stiff and sore on the ground. All around her lay debris and ruins, but they glowed and seemed faded. She began to feel again, emotion began swirling around inside her. She sat up sharply and looked around. No one was near her, she was alone. She began to panic, this didn't feel right. Why was she on the floor? And where is everyone? Then she remembered. 'I'm dead.' She choked. She remembered the flash of green light. She stood slowly, the ghost of Hogwarts still all around her, until she was swallowed by a white sheet. Now she really didn't know where she was, it was all white. She wanted to curl up and cry in Fred's arms but Fred wasn't here, she knew he must be somewhere in this 'afterlife' but she didn't know how to find him. 'ANERTHA?!' Came her husbands voice. Did she imagine that? 'ANERTHA?!' Came his voice again, panicked and afraid. She turned around and found him running towards her. He threw himself around her when he reached her, she held him tight and collapsed into him. 'What is this place?' She asked. Fred shrugged. 'I don't know.' He looked at her sadly. 'Why you? I told you you should have stayed behind with the twins. Now...' He swallowed hard. 'Now....they have...no parents.' 'I know....I know.' She began to cry. 'But...they have George, he will look after them, I know he will. ' Fred smiled at her slightly. 'I know, when he's....coping. Oh George, I wish I could say sorry and tell him I love him.' Anertha held Fred's hand. 'I'm sure he knows.'

It took a while for the pair of them to leave the white plain. It felt like an eternity, but eventually the walls of Hogwarts reappeared. They saw their loved ones mourning over them. They stood, empty, watching. Fred reached out for his wife's hand, she stepped in close to him. 'What do we do now?' She sighed. 'I don't know.' He replied, watching George intently. 'I guess we just explore our new chapter.' He looked to her. She took a deep breath. 'I guess and watch over our loved ones.' Fred nodded. He turned away from the scene and walked away, taking Anertha with him. He couldn't look at George's grief anymore. 'Lets take a walk...' The pair began walking around the school, unseen by everyone. They carried on walking into their new chapter...