Confrontations

Written 27/8/2013

Confrontation

Fred sat curled up in the corner of the dorm, his arms wrapped around his knees. He had just lost her. He couldn't believe it. He was crushed, he didn't know he could feel the way he did. George crept in after about an hour. 'Are you going to show your face or what?' He frowned. 'Only, you can't stay up here forever, you will have to see her at some point as she's in the same house and people are asking questions.' George folded his arms and pursed his lips staring at his brother. 'No, I'm happy here.' Fred rested his head on the wall and closed his eyes. He felt himself being pulled from the floor. George had took hold of him and hoisted him from the floor. 'Downstairs. Now.' He pointed to the door. Fred raised his eyebrow at his twin. 'Yes...mum!' He marched down the stairs closely followed by George. The minute he reached the bottom, there she was. She was sat with Lee and Katie. She caught his eye and froze. Fred looked around and removed himself from the room. 'Where are you going?' George demanded when Fred stopped walking. 'Just....anywhere.' He continued to walk but George didn't follow.

He found himself walking towards the courtyard, his head spinning. His mind racing. He wasn't paying attention to where he was going and walked straight into someone. 'Watch it!' The male hissed. 'Oh, it's you.' He said in a harsh tone. Fred looked to find Cedric Diggory staring madly at him. Great. This was the last thing he needed. Fred didn't say a word. He just moved past and continued to walk but he didn't get far. 'Lost all your words Fred? You had plenty to say to my sister!' Fred gritted his teeth and turned. 'I didn't mean what I said.' He spat. Cedric took a step forwards. 'Really? Well why did she run to me crying her heart out because her so called boyfriend wanted her at the bottom of the lake?' He bared his teeth as he said this. Anger began to fill Fred fast, his heart raced. 'What? Nothing to say? Fine..I'll finish...you want my sister down there...you'll have you to go through me.' Fred stormed towards him and the two of them were now nose to nose. Standing off against each other. 'That won't be a problem.' He snarled. Cedric grinned. 'You are a piece of work. I always said she could do better than you. You didn't deserve her anyway.' Fred stepped back and softened slightly, realising Cedric was right. 'I know I don't.' This pleased Cedric. 'I'm glad you do. Stay away from her. You hear me?' He stared straight at Fred. 'I can't do that.' Cedric frowned, he didn't like this answer. 'Why?' He snapped. 'You just said...' 'I know what I said...but I love your sister! Although I may not deserve her I will prove this to her.' Cedric laughed. 'You've blown it! Anertha won't have you back! And I won't let her take you back. Over my dead body!' His nostrils flared. Fred had heard enough. He stormed away as Cedric shouted 'Over my dead body Fred!' again. Tomorrow was the third task....