Tension

Written 14/8/2013

{Tension}

Fred peered out the tent and looked to the pitch. The rain had gotten heavier and thunder roared up above them. 'Why haven't they cancelled the match?' He asked Oliver, instantly wishing he hadn't. Oliver's face went very serious. 'You can not cancel Quidditch just because there is a little rain!' He huffed. 'A little? Have you looked outside? We're all going to drown out there!' Fred snapped back, but Oliver didn't listen. Fred cursed under his breath and sat beside his twin and Anertha. He knew she was calming herself before the match, she hated playing in thunder, Fred knew her fear of it. He also knew it was made worse by the fact that they were playing Hufflepuff, Cedric's team, she hated playing against him. 'Anertha!' Oliver barked, neither her nor Fred had realised he was trying to get her attention. 'What?' She replied, not looking at him but instead continuing to stare at the floor. 'I want you on your best out there. No playing nice just because your brother is on the other side, today he is your enemy.' Anertha seethed under her breath. 'Whatever.' She hissed. Fred took her hand lightly while she shook with what could have been rage or nerves, he couldn't quite tell.

The game was horrendous. The players despite their best efforts, kept colliding. Oliver kept shouting inaudible instructions at them all. Anertha and Katie narrowly missed an oncoming bludger sent by a Hufflepuff beater. Fred and George did their best to keep them all away from the team but the flashes of lightening was a big distraction. 'This is pointless.' They spat together as they came to a stop beside Anertha. Her face was pale and her eyes were black around the edges, Fred knew she was struggling. She caught sight of her brother in the distance and he caught sight of her, they lingered for a moment and shared a equally pained look, they hated being enemies. He too knew of his sisters fear of thunder. The game ended quickly. One minute they were all in motion the next they were all frozen in fear as they watched Harry fall from far above them.

They were all crammed around Harry's bed, all except Anertha, she remained behind them all. She was glad of the warmth of the hospital wing, glad to be out of the storm. She was still pale and shook from the cold. Fred came and stood with her when the group moved away from the bed. She caught a glimpse of Harry, he looked as bad as she felt. Ron showed Harry his now broken broom with an apologetic face, Harry's own face fell, it was one hell of a broom. The group slowly dispersed out of the wing, Anertha and the twins being amongst the first to leave. Hufflepuff had won fairly and Cedric admitted if he'd of noticed what was going on he wouldn't have caught the snitch. Still Oliver tried to blame her. 'I told you to be your best!' He snapped later. 'You let yourself get distracted, let your brother distract you! I saw you looking at each other! Your job was to score!' Fred stepped in at this point. 'It wouldn't have mattered Oliver! She could have scored continuously and we still would have lost! No one was to blame! Except maybe the Dementors, they are the reason Harry fell, they are the reason Cedric caught the snitch...do not blame her! It's just a game Oliver!' The two of them stood nose to nose, breathing heavily at each other. George and Anertha stood watching nervously. Oliver gave up and stormed away. 'He's just a bad loser, he'll get over it.' Fred sighed. 'Although I'm not sure i can forgive your brother for catching the snitch.' He pursed his lips in thought. Anertha rolled her eyes in defeat as the three of them made their way to dinner.