Twin vs Twin

Written 29/9/2013

{Twin vs Twin}

Anertha scuttled around the house at a complete loss. Her mother had banned them from leaving the house this summer. Thanks to some mad man called Sirius Black being on the loose. Cedric dozed away happily on the sofa, no doubt dreaming about Cho Chang. This thought made her miss Fred, he was on Holiday in Egypt. Safe to say she was well and truly bored. 'Kids! Lunch is ready.' Her mother called from the kitchen. Cedric suddenly awoke and beat her to the kitchen, the mention of food always made him move a little quicker. As they sat there Anertha realised she really wasn't that hungry, she picked at her food thoughtfully. 'You going to eat anything?' Cedric asked with a full mouth. Anertha shrugged. 'That's disgusting Ced, and no I'm not hungry.' Cedric rolled his eyes and swallowed his food. 'Is this about Fred? Because dad would go spare if he thought you were starving yourself for....him.' He had a disapproving look on his face. Anertha stared him down. 'Number one, dad will live. Number two, don't sound so stuck up. You don't hear me moaning about you and Cho. No, this is because I'm bored! Stupidly bored.' Cedric took in her words and knew she was right, she had never once spoken badly about him and Cho. 'Ok,' He mused. 'I have an idea for some fun.' He smirked.

The living room had been completely rearranged to make a large clearing in the middle. 'Are you sure about this?' Anertha asked. 'Mum is trying to get work done.' Cedric shrugged and smiled. 'We will tidy up before she knows.' He reassured. This suited Anertha. The twins had built two forts at each end if the room, one for her and one for him. The ready to duel. Anertha knelt behind her table, wands grasped in hand. She looked up to find various cushions floating above her. 'Original.' She muttered to herself as they fell onto her. She stood and called out 'Oppugno!' Sending five canaries flying towards her brother. He ducked just as they hit the wall behind, knocking down various pictures. He looked impressed, he charmed the rug underneath to start flying, knocking her flat on the ground. 'Ow!' She groaned in pain. 'Petrificus Totalus!' Cedric blocked her spell. She stood in shock, he was quick. She dived the Herbifors curse Cedric aimed at her. She stood abruptly. 'Really? Trying to make flowers sprout from my body?' Cedric shrugged. 'Be am improvement!' He laughed. Anertha didn't find this funny, she raised her wand. 'Glacius.' She said calmly. Cedric froze in place, his body turning to ice. Anertha smirked with glee. After about ten minutes she unfroze him. He fell the floor stiff. She ran over concerned. 'Ceddie?' Next this she knew she was upside down in mid air. 'Oh well done Ced! Well played!' She spat hair from out of her mouth. 'Let me down!' 'CEDRIC DIGGORY! PUT YOUR SISTER DOWN! NOW!' Cedric lost concentration when their mother came storming into the room, Anertha fell harshly from the air and hit the ground hard, there was a crack. 'My nose!' She cried. Her mother ran over and mended it immediately. She took one look at her trashed living room and blew up. The twins stood in silence as she shouted the house down. 'Upstairs! Go! I don't want to look at you, your father will deal with you.' The pair walked out the room as calmly as they could before bursting into laughter on the stairs. 'Well that was fun.' Cedric said still cold. 'Yeah.' Anertha agreed still aching from the fall. She wasn't however looking forward to Amos returning home later.