Sisters almost..

Written 3/12/2013

Sisters, almost...

Anertha finally managed to shake Fred for a couple of hours, George had taken him off somewhere....no doubt messing around with some of their new pranks. She collapsed on her bed at Grimmauld place with her face buried in the pillow. She was considering writing to her mother but really didn't have the energy and no doubt her father would send the reply. There was a knock on her door, she groaned and rolled onto her back. 'Come in...' The door opened slowly and Ginny entered looking nervy. Anertha sat up looking concerned as Ginny closed the door. 'Are you ok Gin?' She nodded slowly and sat down on the end of the bed. 'Can I talk to you about something? It's...about boys and I can't talk to mum.' Anertha mouth opened but no words came out. A pit formed in her stomach as she tried to work out why Ginny would turn to her, then she remembered the new step her and Fred had just taken in their relationship. She felt herself go pale at the thought of Ginny taking that step, she cleared her throat and nodded. 'Yeah...what is the..er...issue.' Ginny looked the blankets for a while before looking up. 'Well....you and Fred...are you know, close.' Oh no, here it was... 'And well it's proof they you are pretty experienced when it comes to boys and dating. I....there is someone I like...and I wanted to know how you would go about...asking them out. You know like how you got Fred.' Anertha took a breath of relief and took her hand. 'Alright what you have to know first is guys are complicated...they don't often see what's in front of them. Can I ask who the guy is? It's not Harry again is it?' She blushed. 'No, I mean...yes.' Anertha smiled but secretly she was annoyed, all Ginny did was dream Harry would wake up and see that he liked her but Anertha felt different. 'Ok....look sweety we've been through this...Harry clearly doesn't see you that way right now and we don't know if he ever will, you're Ron's little sister. Look...if you find someone else then just go for it, don't waste time. But, if you are determined on Harry then...well then you will just have to wait for him to open his eyes and see what a beautiful girl you are...' 'But don't hold my breath right?' She sighed. 'I just want what you and Fred have...I mean I know last year was the worst I have seem you two ever but now you're stronger than ever and since Cedric died you have grown closer, he loves you so much. I want someone to love me like he loves you.' She looked down sadly, Anertha took her hand again. 'It will happen. You are young, just be patient.' Ginny reached forward and hugged her tight. 'Thank you...I know I don't have a sister but if I did, I wish it was you.' 'Same kiddo.' The pair smiled at each other, Ginny hung around for a while after that, Anertha felt for the first time since her brothers death that she had a sibling again, even if it wasn't the same. Fred and George arrived back sometime in the evening, Ginny took one look at him and legged it from the room with George in tow, leaving Fred and Anertha alone. 'What did she want?' He asked curiously as he wrapped his arms around her. 'Oh, it's girl stuff. You wouldn't be interested.' She smiled back at him, he shrugged it off and kissed her instead.