Chapter 30: Sasuke the Avenger

Hamako's P.O.V

I suddenly felt a dark chakra nearby, causing me to start waking up from passing out.

"Ugh," I groaned, opening my eyes a little bit. "Where is that chakra coming from?"

When I completely open my eyes. I saw Sasuke standing up and surrounded by a dark purple aura.

'His cause mark taking over. So that's what I was sensing.'

"Sakura, who did this to you?" Sasuke asked.

'Who did what?' I thought, looking at Sakura, and saw that her hair was now cut short, and it looked like she was beaten up.

'Yeah, that right, I passed out from the Sound ninja justu.'

"Sasuke, what happened to you," Sakura said, surprised.

"Don't worry. I'm alright it's only the power flowing through me. In fact, I never felt better he gave me this gift. He made me understand what I am. I'm an avenger," Sasuke said. "To follow my path, I must have power even if it means being consumed by evil."

'Seriously, revenge is all he talks about. I'm going to just sit in a tree. I don't feel like being caught in the crossfire of the fight that is about to happen.' I thought while using the transportation justu to get out of the way.

**

I was now sitting in a tree watching Sasuke as the markings continued to spread around his body.

'This looks like it might be bad. Glad I decided to get out of there.'

The guy named Zaku put his arms out and created a huge blast, but Sasuke got Naruto and Sakura safely out of the way.

I narrow my eyes as I see Sasuke aim small blasts of fire at the guy named Zaku, which he destroys only for them to have shuriken hidden in them.

"What he doing?" I asked myself as Sasuke grabbed Zaku's arms.

I then heard a crack sound and saw Sasuke break Zaku's arms.

'Alright, maybe I should do something before this gets out of hand. This team is sure a pain something is always happening.'

The second was about I stop him. I saw Sakura grab him and tell him to stop.

"Never mind," I said, staying in my spot since Sakura had it under control.

'Thanks a lot, Orochimaru sensei. Now I even have to deal with more annoyance on this team. I have to deal with an uncontrolled Sasuke and Sakura going stating asking me questions about what just happened and already having to deal with a loud knucklehead that I might be in love with.  At this point, I would rather be in a forest with Kabuto, another person I might be in love with. At least he is less annoying.'

"Well, now that is over, we should wake Naruto so we can continue the exam," I said, hopping down from the tree and walking over to my team. At the same time, Ino's team was near Naruto and Lee.

"Wait, Hamako, when did you wake up?" Sakura asked.

"The second I felt Sasuke's chakra," I replied. "I just decided that I didn't want to be around the crossfire that was about to happen. So was sitting up in one of the trees. I was still low on chakra to deal with that situation," I said, grabbing my water bottle to help replenish my body water which will help recover some of my strength.

"Hey Hamako," Sakura said.

"Yeah," I said, putting my water bottle away once I drank enough water.

"Do you know what happened to Sasuke?" She asked. "After all, you have the same mark."

'I knew she would ask that, but talking bout anything that involves my past is not really not my thing.'

"Yeah, I do know what happened, but right now, we should focus on finishing this exam first. I'll tell you later about Orochimaru sensei marking," I replied.

Sasuke was just looking at me, probably wondering how many Sensei I have. That or he is wondering why he saw my mark.

'Doesn't really matter at this point what thinking. I just want to get this exam over with, so I can think about what to do about Orochimaru sensei's offer and what I should  do about the two boys I believe I might have feelings for.'

After everyone had left, and Naruto was finally awake. My team and I went back to continue the exam to find the scroll we needed to pass the second exam.

💛💛💛

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this story.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Q: What was your favorite part of this chapter?

Q: What do you think Hamako will do about Kabuto and Naruto?

Q: Who do you think Hamako will fight in the preliminary rounds?

Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 815

Edited: 6/18/22