Chapter 29 : Hidden Sound Ninja

Hamako's P.O.V

I quickly opened my eyes when I heard rustling in the bushes nearby. I wasn't sensing anyone's chakra, so I guessed it was only an animal.

I looked at Sakura and saw her slowly take out a kunai and then turn towards the bush.

"A squirrel," Sakura said in surprise as a Squirrel came out of the bush, nibbling on a seed. "Don't surprise me like that!" She said as it ran towards us.

I narrowed my eyes as I noticed something on its back.

Sakura gasped as she threw a kunai stopping the Squirrel right in its tracks. She was making it run off in fear.

'That thing on its back was that a paper bomb.  Someone is nearby. My senses nut be off due to my body being weakened from that genjustu earlier. The food pill didn't replenish all my strength but enough to find my team.' I thought while looking at Sakura and wondering why she threw the kunai because I doubt she noticed the paper bomb.

**

I let out a yawn getting tired of sitting here as a lookout while Naruto and Sasuke are out cold.

"Some lookout, you're half-asleep," A voice said.

I turned around and saw the three sound ninjas who had attacked Kabuto earlier.

"At least you don't have to keep watch anymore. What's the point after we've already found you," The bandaged face one said."Now wake Sasuke up. We want to fight him."

"What do you want here? I mean, what do you really want?" Sakura asked. "What with the mark on Sasuke's neck? You're behind that too, aren't you? And now you want to fight him when he can't defend himself?" Sakura growled.

"What in the world could he be thinking?" The bandage dude mumbled.

'Yeah, I felt they didn't know anything about the mark.'

"Sakura, I want to keep taking care of Sasuke and Naruto. I will deal with them myself," I said.

"Understand," Sakura said.

"I can't stay quiet after hearing you talk to us like that. First, I'm going to kill this pinkette, The white-haired one has pretty eyes, so I might spare her, and then I'm gonna kill Sasuke," The spiky hair male said.

I stared at him with a blank expression doubting that he would even be strong enough to kill me.

"Wait, Zaku. It's so obvious this is the color of dirt that's been recently dug up," the bandaged ninja said.

'The dirt. Why is he looking at it?'

"And this kind of grass doesn't grow in a place like this," he stated.

Sakura gritted her teeth.

'Did she really set up a trap while I had my eyes closed for a bit?'

"You know if you're gonna lay a trap, the point is that it's actually hidden..." he said.

"HA, you're just a joke, pinkette. Even you're partner looks surprised there," the ninja who goes by Zaku said.

Sakura's eyes were widened.

'They're pretty sharp, but how strong are they?'

"Now... we kill them,"

They jumped towards us.

Sakura smirked.

'Another trap. How did she do all this without me noticing, even with my eyes close? I should have sensed her moving. I must still be really out of it due to passing out from genjustu.'