Chapter 47: Leaving the village

It has been a couple of days since Kakashi-sensei and Sasuke were released from the hospital. It has also been a few days since I yelled at Naruto for what he said about making Kabuto pay for betraying the villages.

I know Kabuto is the enemy, but I can't bring myself to hate him after he saved my life.

'Maybe I should leave the village on a journey. That might help me think about what to do about Kabuto.' I thought outside my bedroom window.

I let out a sigh, so frustrated at how hard it was to decide on if I wanted to leave and be with Kabuto or stay here and be lonely without Kabuto.

I looked at my necklace, thinking of what to do.

**

"Your what!" Tsunade yelled after hearing what I said.

"I'm leaving the village. I can't stay here anymore," I said. "The village is nice but I can't here anymore. It's just not where I belong. I will be leaving the village tonight." I explained.

Tsunade sigh. "It just as the Third hokage thought," she said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I found this scroll address to you," she replied. "I was going to talk to you about it after your last mission but then decided that it was probably nothing to worry about," she said, giving me the scroll.

I took the scroll and opened it to read it.

Dear Hamako,

I know you came looking for a new home. If your reading, you most likely decide to leave. I know this place was nothing like your old village, the Hidden Mist village, which makes it hard for you to live here probably. Putting you under ANBU watch also probably didn't help you feel like this was home. It was great having you as a Hidden Leaf shinobi. You will always be welcome to come back and live here and continue to be a Hidden Leaf shinobi. I hope that one day you will find a place to call home.

I closed the scroll and looked up at Tsunade.

"He knew I would eventually leave the village," I said.

"Yes, he obviously had a feeling you wouldn't enjoy living here for much longer. From the looks of it, this was written long ago," Tsunade said.

'Yeah, this was written before the Chunin when I was put on ANBU. After coming back from the Land of Waves.' I thought.

"Here, take my headband," I said, taking off my headband.

"Keep it. You heard the Third Hokage. You're always welcome to come back and live here and continue to be a shinobi who serves the Hidden Leaf village," Tsunade said.

"I keep it then, but I don't know if I come back or where I'm going. I guess I'm going wherever my feet take me," I said, holding the headband in my hand.

"Everyone will miss their friend, but I can't force you to stay in a place that doesn't see as your home anymore since you only moved here looking for a new home," Tsunade said.

"Thanks for not stopping me," I said. "Anyway, I doubt they miss me. We didn't talk that much," I said, walking out of the office.

**

I was now back at home, finishing up with packing my bags at midnight. Kakashi was already asleep, so I was being careful not to wake him up.

I looked over at the picture of my team. Kakashi had his hands on top of Naruto and Sasuke's heads, trying to keep them from fighting. I was next to Sakura, looking at the camera, bored.

I shrugged and placed the picture face down, not wanting to think about my team. Especially I rather not see Naruto's face, I was still mad at him for what he said about Kabuto.

I was about to walk out of the room quietly when I remembered something.

"I need the note for Haku telling him thanks for everything and that I was leaving," I whispered, grabbing the note.

**

I was finally now at the village gate after I finished sneaking the note inside Haku's apartment by sliding it under his front door.

"Goodbye, village and Haku," I said, looking back at the village as I walked out the gate.

'Time to start my journey off to who knows where. Hopefully, this will help me deal with my problems involving Kabuto.'

Timeskip...

It has been a couple of hours now since I left the village. I could tell since the sun was starting to go up for the morning.

I was now resting against a tree since I had been walking for a while. I had no idea where my feet were taking me, but hopefully, it was to the place where I would finally feel genuinely at home.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of rustling in the bushes. My eyes snapped over towards the direction, trying to sense the chakra.

"That chakra," I whispered, recognizing it but haven't figured out who it belongs to yet.

The rustling got louder and closer. I narrowed my eyes as I saw a flash of gold catch my eye. I stood up and pulled out my sword.

"Who goes there!" I demanded.

There was no response as a familiar pale man with golden eyes walked out from behind the bushes.

"Orochimaru-sensei," I said. "That's why the chakra felt familiar, yet I couldn't figure out why."

I narrowed my eyes and noticed that his hands had bandages on them.

"What are you doing here? And what happened to your arms?" I asked.

"I can ask you the same thing. What are you doing close in the woods past the Land of Rice patties close to the Sound village?" Orochimaru-sensei said. "Also, this was from me killing the Third Hokage. He injured my arms."

'That injury must be why something seem off when I sense his chakra.' She thought, looking at Orochimaru's bandaged arms.

"I see. I left the Hidden leaf village. It just didn't feel like home, and now, just going where ever my feet took me just decided to stop to take a rest here. I didn't even know your hideout was here. You never said where the Sound village was."

"Why don't you come with me then and join me. You want a home and to get stronger and make yourself known like your brothers. I can make you stronger while also giving you a place to call home." He said, lifting his hand slowly towards me in pain as he held it out towards me.

I narrowed my eyes, looking at him.

'I could join him and be with Kabuto, or I can keep traveling the world until I find the place I want to be.'

"What is your decision?" He asked, trying to hide his pain, holding his arm out.

"I don't know, but how about I stay for a bit to rest. Then I make my decision," I replied. "Also, put your arm down. You hurt yourself even more if you keep moving it."

"Let's go then," Orochimaru-sensei said, putting his hand down.

I nodded and followed after him.

A/N: This is the last chapter of Child of the Shore. Now every chapter is edited and republished. I don't know when I will republish the sequel and continue working on it. I will publish an announcement when it is finally back out and being worked on. Until then, I hope you continue to enjoy reading my other stories.

Word Count: 1268

Edited: 6/20/22