Chapter 28 : Cruse Mark

Hamako's P.O.V

I was continuing my search for my teammate's hat left me behind using the amount of strength that had returned to me after passing. At the same time, hoping to recover by drinking my water.

'Why did they leave me behind, and where is Naruto? More importantly, what should I do about Orochimaru sensei's offer to the Hidden sound village? Is this place really the home I've been looking for?' I thought.

"Finding my teammates will be hard since I don't even know where they are," I said to myself.

I sat on the ground and closed my eyes, trying to sense for their chakra signatures.

'I found them, and it seems they started fighting Orochimaru-sensei. I knew he would get to them before me. I can't help it since my strength is low from passing out. That reminds me, I still have a few of Orochimaru-sensei food pills left.'  I thought, digging in my ninja pouch and grabbing my bottle of food pills after locating my team.

I opened the bottle of food pills and took one to help replenish my strength.

After taking it, I continue making my way to my team's location. While still thinking about what to do about Orochimaru-sensei's offer to join the Hidden Sound Village.

**

After a while, I finally found my team. When I got there, I could see Orochimaru-sensei hitting Sasuke's neck.

'Looks like I arrived just right when he gave Sasuke the cause mark.' I thought.

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard Sasuke let out a loud scream.

'Wait, it caused him pain, but it didn't bother me that odd.'

"You, what have you done to Sasuke?!" Sakura yelled at Orochimaru-sensei.

I then looked around for Naruto since I didn't see him at first until I spotted him in a tree being held up by a kunai.

"I just gave him a parting gift. Very soon, Sasuke will seek me out and desire power. In the meantime, I enjoy the demonstration of power you already possess," Orochimaru-sensei chuckled, looking over at the tree I was in.

I could tell without seeing his face that he was giving me some kind of message. 'He probably wants me to keep his target alive.' I thought.

He then began to sink into the tree.

**

"AHH!" Sauske continued to yell and scream in pain. The sun was almost completely set. So I finally decided to get down from the tree.

"Sasuke, what is it?" What has he done to you?!" Sakura asked, concerned.

I sighed and walked over to my teammates. "He gave him a cruse mark," I said.

Sakura quickly looked at me, surprised.

"Hamako, your alive," Sakura said.

'Don't tell me they left me behind because they thought I was dead. Just cause I passed out doesn't make me an. I'm dead. It calls checking for a pluse.'

"Of course I'm," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"Your said cause mark, so you know what he did to Sasuke?" She asked.

"Yes, I do, but we talk about that later. Let's get them to a safe place to rest," I said, picking up Sasuke after he passed out while Sakura grabbed Naruto.

**

Third person's P.O.V

Sakura found a place for them to rest. It was under the roots of a large tree. It created a shelter they could hide them for the night. Hamako laid Sauske on the ground and Sakura Naruto.

Hamako checked on Sasuke's breathing. "His breathing is less heavy now, but he still has a high fever," Hamako told the worried Sakura.

She turned to Naruto, who was still unconscious. "Naruto doesn't look like he will be waking up anytime soon either."

'What did he even do to Naruto to make him pass out.' Hamako thought.

"So it's up to us for the time being," Sakura looked at Hamako.

"Yeah, it is someone needs to protect the boys while there are out of it," Hamako said, placing a wet cloth on Sasuke's forehead.

"Hamako?" Sakura said, looking at Hamako.

"Yeah."

"You said that you what he did to Sasuke."

"Yeah, it's called a cruse mark. It powerful justu the effects of it are kind of similar to poison," Hamako explained.

"How do you even know about it," Sakura asked.

"No point hiding it anymore," Hamako said, removing her bandage off her neck. "Because I have one also," she said, showing Sakura her mark.

'That mark it the same as the one I saw on Sasuke,' Sakura thought.

"I have been wondering why you had bandages on your neck. When did you even get one?" Sakura asked.

"Since I came to the village," Hamako replied. "You recall the Demon brothers asking me why I was with you and not the pale guy with creepy eyes that I left the Hidden Mist with?"

"Yeah, I do remember. You said his eyes were unique, not creepy, and that you left to continue your search to find a new place to call home."

"Well, that person was Orochimaru, mine other sensei after Zabuza. I had a cruse mark since I started training with him, but it doesn't bother me," Hamako said, closing her eyes while staying alert for enemies.

'That guy was also one of her senseis. How can she be so calm after he attacked us? I know she said the day we became a team, her likes were her two sensei before coming to the Hidden Leaf village, but how could she like two crazy sensei. Especially one who gave her a weird mark.' Sakura thought as she looked over at Hamako.

💛💛💛

Hey lovely readers!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't hesitate to let me know what you think of this story.

Also, don't forget to vote and comment.

Thanks for reading!

Word Count: 982

Edited: 6/18/22