二十五 | 𝟐𝟓𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

[𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟑] - 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

─────

❝𝑺𝒂𝒚 𝒊𝒕❞

· ✦────✧◦ 儚き願い ◦✧────✦ ·

𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝒀𝑬𝑫 𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑨𝑺 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑾𝑨𝑳𝑲𝑬𝑫 𝑨𝑹𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑪𝑯𝑶𝑶𝑳 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯 𝒀𝑼𝑲𝑰, doing your regular rounds at school. Your sickness had passed but the lingering feeling of Akito's presence stayed within you. You were told by Tohru that she felt bad for not being able to talk to you during the time the Sohma family came over, but you merely dismissed her, trying to desperately convince yourself and others around you that you were as fine as you said you were. There were moments in class where you felt the stares of two people within the class, you found it quite odd yet by the time you turned your head towards their direction, they were already facing the board.

The feeling of your pen spinning between your fingers was the only thing you could register in your mind as an action. The halls were filled with small whispers from other students while Yuki stared at you with concern. You were much less talkative lately ever since he came to your house, although he admits that he was extremely busy with his own family matters, he feels guilty for leaving you behind. As he tried to talk to you in class, you only gave him a smile in response.

It was unnerving, to say the least, Yuki pressed his lips together in a frown as you both turned the corner, scanning your surroundings for other students and checking into classrooms. Despite being much quieter than usual, you were smiling. It seems as if you were trying to conceal your own emotions underneath a facade. He didn't know if he liked this side of you. He always found it strange the moment you started smiling and talking to other people the day Akito came to the school.

It feels as if you couldn't shake off your thoughts with Akito. Could it be that you were truly relating to Yuki as a way to gloat? Could it be that your interactions with him, were merely selfish desires that you craved? You really didn't want to take advantage of Yuki, especially not in the way that Akito described to you. Despite that simple sentence in your head, it seems like there was more to it that unnerved you. You wanted to dismiss it and call it off as a simple lie that he told you, but a small part of you thinks that it's true. You pressed your lips together in thought, were you that selfish?

"Is there. . . something on your mind?" Yuki asked, scratching at the ends of his sweater as he smiled at you, "You seem quieter."

You hummed, "Is that so? I think I'm feeling fine, maybe it's just the fact that the year passed by so quickly."

His smile widened, believing in your small lie, "I can't blame you for feeling so caught up. It feels like just yesterday we met."

The two of you laughed a bit, trying to ease yourself with the worries that were being cradled at the pits of your stomach. Before the two of you could continue your duties, you could feel the stares of three certain students from his fan club that were stalking his every move.

The blue-haired leader looks to be glaring at you from a distance. It looks as if she and her friends were trying to hide behind the wall but it was a futile attempt since you had quite good vision. They were grinding their teeth at the sight of you being near Yuki. You unconsciously glared at them from afar, the cold and sharp feeling coursing through their bodies as if they had been stabbed. They looked at each other in horror at being caught and quickly ran away. You released a sigh underneath your breath and decided to ignore their existence, having to deal with his fan club was exhausting and frankly, a waste of time.