九 | 𝟗𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

[𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟏] - 𝟗𝐭𝐡 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

─────

❝𝑺𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒚 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒆❞

· ✦────✧◦ 儚き願い ◦✧────✦ ·

𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑺𝑳𝑶𝑾𝑳𝒀 𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑾𝑬𝑫 𝑶𝑵 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑶𝑫, staring out into space as you poked through the sections of rice. The weather was quite nice today, you thought, it wasn't too hot nor too chilly. The sky was painted with spots of white, slowly but surely moving through the blue canvas. Earlier in the day, Tohru greeted you in the morning, asking you about your day even before it started. You thought it was quite strange and airheaded of her to ask, but you didn't mind it too much. It sort of brought out her unique innocence that you rarely see in students.

You placed down your lunch, already feeling tired of eating it. You didn't feel quite that hungry today. You reached into your bag to pull out Myosotis Alpestris, letting the book rest on your thighs as you continue reading. However, your attention felt drawn away by a secondary thought. You wondered if Yuki thought of you differently after that encounter. He hadn't bothered reaching out to you since the Culture Festival. Did you say something wrong to him? Were you not supposed to say anything? You flipped the page, staring at the slightly smudged handwriting with a blank expression.

There was quite a lot to unfold. Not only was your friendship with Yuki becoming slightly more awkward, but you also couldn't rid yourself of your encounter with Akito. You brushed through your hair, already feeling exhausted before the day ended. He had this certain glint in his eye that you couldn't distinguish very well. It had something underneath it, different layers that conveyed a variety of emotions. You didn't remember much from your conversation but you couldn't shake off the fact that you knew them somewhere. It was just like your encounter with Hatori. Were you connected to the Sohma family? You groaned, a headache beginning to form as you bit down on your bottom lip. How could you be so sure that you know them? These were just small ounces of suspicion that you feel. They weren't reliable and they weren't meant to be, but you were sure that you knew them from somewhere.

You heard someone huff in exhaustion. You turned your head to see Yuki's hands on his knees as he tried to collect his breath. He was sweating profusely, his body already looking quite tired.

"I. . . found you." He sighed before dropping to the floor next to you, his back leaning up against the tree. He coughed into the back of his hand, feeling a bit woozy as his eyes dragged themselves towards your lap. The grey-haired boy scanned the content of the pages, briefly reading through it as you stared at him.

"What's wrong?" You asked, catching him off guard as he fidgeted.

"A-Ah. . ." He scratched his cheek awkwardly, quickly shifting his eyes away from you.

He was scared to admit that he wanted to advance your friendship. Perhaps it would feel nice to have someone he could finally depend on and open up to, but his mind is constantly reminding him that he isn't worth much to you whatsoever. He's constantly doubting himself, but he can't help but feel as if he wants to try to know you. This was his first time interacting with someone who wasn't frequent in Tohru's circle of friends. In a way, he sort of felt special knowing that he was trying to make his own friends. It felt nice having to talk to someone without having to worry too much about whether or not Kyo will spill the family secret to others with his bash personality.

"I just wanted to check up on you before we did our Physical Education class. We are doing laps around the town and I wanted to make sure you were well enough to race."