二 | 𝟐𝐍𝐃 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

[𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟏] - 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

─────

❝𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒍𝒚❞

· ✦────✧◦ 儚き願い ◦✧────✦ ·

𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑻𝑾𝑰𝑹𝑳 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹 𝑷𝑬𝑵 𝑰𝑵 𝑪𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑺 𝑾𝑯𝑰𝑳𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑻𝑬𝑨𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑹 𝑪𝑶𝑵𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑼𝑬𝑺 𝑳𝑬𝑪𝑻𝑼𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑮, your brain slowly beginning to rot in a pit of boredom as you stare up at her. You had your journal placed in front of you, your pen scribbling down any sort of doodles that had come to your mind. You noticed that on the side, Tohru would also get distracted by your pen spinning and sit there admiring you. You only ignored her gazes and continued to stare down at your own work.

As you dozed off into your own world, Yuki had turned his head to the side and silently watched you from afar. For someone who had been closed off since the beginning of school, you were still one of the more academically gifted students in the class without any help from other students. He narrowed his eyes as he thought about his idiotic cousin at the thought of academics. He placed the weight of his chin onto his hand as he watched you doodle in your notebook.

Sometimes you would place the pen's end at the tip of your lips as you thought about the lecture your teacher had given you. Yuki would occasionally glance at his work and back at you, thinking about what you had discussed yesterday afternoon. For a second, he almost thought that you had understood him.

He frowned as he stared hard at his work. You were so quiet and throughout the day, you made it extremely hard for him to get a chance to talk to you again due to the awkwardness. It was. . . Really uncool of him. He wished he was as cool as everyone else, they seemed so laid back and easy-going while he is too busy thinking about the possible scenarios that would ruin his day.

While Yuki was staring at you, Tohru was also watching him with a confused expression. At first, she thought he was looking after her because the two of you were in the same general direction, but on closer inspection, it looks as if he was admiring you from afar. She could feel the hearts dance around her head as she thinks of the growing romance between you and Yuki. She was so caught up in the moment she accidentally covered her mouth with her hands and squealed which caught your attention.

You peered over your shoulder to look back at her giggling form, "Honda-san, is there something wrong?"

"N-No! Of course not!" She shouted, causing the entire class to stare at her. You deadpanned at her lack of awareness, was she really this airheaded? You restrained the urge to slap your own forehead, groaning at her Space-Cadet-like personality.

"Honda-kun, (L/n)-kun, are you trying to get afternoon duties?" The teacher turned around with an annoyed expression, she gripped onto the chalk with enough force to snap the tip. Not only did she have to deal with the new orange-haired student's antics, one of her previously quiet students was beginning to start a bit of trouble for the classroom.

"N-No! I'm so sorry!" Tohru panicked as she started to bow several times in front of the class as they stared in awkward silence.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! It'll never happen again! I'm sorry!" "You're both on cleaning duties today!"

"E-Ehh? I'm sorry!" You sighed and placed your head down on the desk in exhaustion, a frown evident on your face. You wished the day was over already.

· ✦─────── ☾ ───────✦ ·

You wiped at the windows with a towel and a bucket of soap and water, your brain wanting nothing more but to simply go home and sleep after such a long day of school assignments. Although you generally had enough strength and energy to soar through classes such as physical education, the amount of workload given to you has been weighing you down.