二十四 | 𝟐𝟒𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

[𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟑] - 𝟐𝟒𝐭𝐡 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

─────

❝𝑼𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝑫𝒐𝒖𝒃𝒕𝒔❞

· ✦────✧◦ 儚き願い ◦✧────✦ ·

𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑨𝑩𝑺𝑬𝑵𝑻𝑴𝑰𝑵𝑫𝑬𝑫𝑳𝒀 𝑺𝑬𝑨𝑹𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑫 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑶𝑼𝑮𝑯 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑩𝑶𝑶𝑲𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑹𝑬, your brain was still feeling fuzzy after the events of yesterday. There were many unexplained things that you desperately needed the answers to. You sighed as you pressed your forehead against the wooden shelves, the smell of books being the only thing you could notice. In your hands was a stack of books regarding different family histories as well as philosophical interpretations of the Chinese Zodiac. There weren't many people at the store at this time which made it easier for you to stand around and stare off into space. People came in and out, oftentimes already knowing what kind of books they wanted to buy.

You shifted your head slightly to notice a young woman in a green kimono, her light brown hair glistening underneath the store light bulbs. She looks to be only in her early twenties and going through a section of fruits. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she was biting her lip as she continued to pick through the books. You felt that if you looked hard enough, you could see that she was struggling to find the perfect book to buy. You slowly took a deep breath, carrying your books in your arms before walking towards her.

"Do you need help finding out what books to buy?" You asked, shifting the weight of the books by lifting your leg for it to be placed onto your thigh, "You've been staring at this section for a while."

"O-Oh I'm sorry for bothering you!" She hurriedly bowed several times in a row, a string of apologies spilling from her mouth like an overflowing faucet that you left on, "Someone like me shouldn't be here right? I'm sorry!"

She apologized so many times it was almost reminiscent of when Tohru sits next to you whenever she drops her things.

"You don't need to apologize for being here. . . It's a public bookstore. . ." You corrected, watching as she continued to panic even further, clutching her hair as she nearly screamed her head off at the store, the books she carried in her hands falling to the ground which made everyone around the two of you some strange looks.

"I'm sorry!" She paused for a few seconds to register the fact that she already apologized several times, she peered up at you, your intimidating (e/c) staring down at her with a sharpened gaze. She almost wanted the world to swallow her up at that very moment when she noticed your pretty face filled with a misunderstood annoyance.

"Er. . . do I look that scary to you?" You stared at her with a slightly offended expression, your eyes dolefully turning to the side while frowning.

"N-No! I'm sorry if I offended you! I should leave!" She held onto her cheeks while staring at the floor in horror. You internally sighed before crouching down, setting down your own stacks of books, and her fallen books. All of them were simply descriptions and studies of different fruits. You wondered if she was trying to study agriculture or some sort of nature-related topic for school.

"Can you just take a couple of deep breaths for me, miss? You're going to hyperventilate if you keep panicking." You neatly stacked them into your arms as she placed her hand over her chest, slowly inhaling and exhaling through her nose before regaining her sense of calm.

"It's fine. . . You really don't need to apologize all the time, you're going to make others stressed out if you keep doing it." You said, picking up your stack of literature off of the ground and holding it close to your chest, "You seem really pale. . . I suggest that you should probably take some breathing exercises so you don't pass out from a lack of oxygen." Although it was supposed to be a teasing remark, she took it to the literal sense.