三十五 | 𝟑𝟓𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

[𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟒] - 𝟑𝟓𝐭𝐡 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

─────

❝𝑻𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒂 𝑩𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌❞

· ✦────✧◦ 儚き願い ◦✧────✦ ·

"𝑨𝑹𝑬𝑵'𝑻 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑨𝑵𝑮𝑹𝒀 𝑨𝑻 𝑴𝑬?" He yelled, squeezing your shoulder tightly as he brought you close. You shivered in fear as you felt his warm breaths tickle the front of your lips. You could see the hurtful gaze in his eyes, the guilt and resentment that he held for himself lingering underneath a familiar color. Your face crinkled in horror as he bit the bottom of his lip, drawing a thin line of blood from his perfect, milk-white skin.

His head tilted downwards, the tips of his fingers growing whiter from the pressure. "Why aren't you angry at me? It was my fault that you ended up. . . here. I promised you that I wouldn't let you get hurt."

"You should be angry at me." He added, his grip on your shoulders loosening themselves. You parted your lips, trying to answer back with a response but were quickly cut off. "You should be disappointed in me."

"I only had to do one thing for you at that moment. . . and yet I couldn't even move. My body was frozen in place. I should have never left you behind!"

Were you that important to him? You asked yourself, peering up at his blurry figure as the two of you stayed floating in the empty abyss. Did this moment mean that much to him? Did you mean that much to him? You reached out with your hand, caressing the skin of his cheek with your (s/c) hand. His body felt cold, almost as if there was little life within his body. He leaned into your touch, allowing you to comfort him as the air grew lighter.

"You never did anything wrong," you answered, hearing his light gasps, "You never did anything wrong for me. You being there. . ."

Your hand slowly dragged themselves down his shoulders, letting the surface of his clothes brush against your skin as you ended at his hands. He let out a fog of breath, the air forming a thin veil of white that floated endlessly above. Your fingers quietly weaved themselves with his, your warm body sharing their heat with him. ". . . that's enough for me."

He squeezed your hand. "I hurt you. I left you behind. If I just stayed behind with you, everything would have been alright! You would have still been here. . ."

"You didn't." You answered quickly, shutting down his thoughts of insecurities as you pushed against the force of his hand with your own. He shut his lips, stopping his trails of words. "You didn't do anything wrong. You were never in the wrong."

There was a pause of silence growing between the two of you. His hands quivered, his eyes trailing down to your form as you peered upwards. He looked down at your (e/c) eyes, raising his hand to wipe at the thin thread of liquid that had formed. The teardrop lingered on the tips of his finger, soon disappearing into the open air.

". . . Then what are we?"

You pressed your lips together, ignoring the breaking of the sky. What were you to him? Who were you to him? Why do you talk to him with such familiarity? Before you could even gather your own thoughts in such a short period of time, the sky suddenly shattered. You snapped your head up, staring at the open white paradise that had been revealed. You flinched as your feet felt lighter, fluttering into the air like a thin sheet of a feather. You restrained a cry, the blinding light of paradise burning themselves into your skin.