三十一 | 𝟑𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

[𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟒] - 𝟑𝟏𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

─────

❝𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒀𝒆𝒂𝒓❞

· ✦────✧◦ 儚き願い ◦✧────✦ ·

"𝑾𝑯𝒀 𝑨𝑹𝑬 𝑾𝑬 𝑴𝑬𝑬𝑻𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑰𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑪𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑺𝑬𝑳𝑶𝑹'𝑺 𝑶𝑭𝑭𝑰𝑪𝑬 𝑰𝑵𝑺𝑻𝑬𝑨𝑫 𝑶𝑭 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑻𝑼𝑫𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑪𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑪𝑰𝑳 𝑹𝑶𝑶𝑴?" Yuki asked, walking alongside you as you made your way towards the assigned room. You sighed underneath your breath, already feeling exhausted from the day.

"Who knows? Maybe the new members of the council are waiting there because they didn't get their tours yet," you replied, fiddling with the ends of your sweater as you peered out the window while walking.

Although you should be slightly relieved that some of Yuki's club would be graduating this year, it still doesn't change the fact that you acted so rudely towards them. You haven't gotten the chance to apologize to them, but you weren't sure if you ever wanted to. It was hard to own up to your own mistakes. Especially ones that you created out of violence and anger towards them. You nibbled on the bottom of your lip, struggling to put away these thoughts.

You've heard from some of the other classes that the newer students who transferred this year were slightly rowdy and noisy. You wanted to breathe out an exhausted gasp, the thought of rounding up a bunch of messy students crawling into the forefront of your mind. Even though you were former President Takei's second pick for the Student Council, it still doesn't erase the fact that you were going to lead a group of wild students. Dealing with small children was somewhat hard enough for you, especially in a work setting, but having to work with students who should have capable brains struggling to comprehend the definition of work was another.

As you turned the corner with Yuki, you could hear the faint sound of paper and books falling. You slowly raised your eyebrows as your hand reached out to the door handle, slowly sliding it open. The room was in disarray, books and files were scattered across the floor as some barely hung onto the edges of the shelves. You tilted your head in surprise to see a familiar shade of black hair crumpled up on the ground, her hand crinkling a sheet as she snapped her neck towards you and Yuki.

"Kuragi-san?" You mumbled, the boy standing next to you tilting his head towards you in surprise.

Did you already know this girl? Yuki wondered, his hand reaching to clutch at his sleeves nervously, the flash of Akito's words sending shivers down his spine. As much as he didn't want to fill his thoughts with false accusations, he couldn't help but fear that you were slowly slipping past his fingers.

She flinched in response before quickly standing up, brushing off the small dust from her skirt, as she turned her head away from you, "I'm sorry. I'll clean it up." Machi quickly knelt, shoving the fallen books into her arms as she avoided your (e/c) gaze. She could feel her ears growing hotter by the second as she remained in your line of sight.

Yuki brushed against you as he came over to her side, reaching his hand out to touch her shoulder, "Are you feeling unwell-" Machi restrained a gasp at the touch as she reeled herself back, twisting herself while her back slammed against the shelf. The papers she had previously picked up now falling back onto the ground with a crash.

She tilted her head down, a grim expression stretching across her face, "I'm fine." Her eyes flickered up at your concerned expression, seeing you tighten your hand around your wrist. Parts of your eyes were much duller than before, she thinks, had something happened while she was taking the exams? You looked much paler than usual, small cuts lining around your fingers as you pressed your lips together in a frown.