二十一 | 𝟐𝟏𝐒𝐓 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

[𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟑] - 𝟐𝟏𝐭𝐡 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

─────

❝𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑪𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒓 𝒐𝒇 𝑷𝒐𝒑𝒑𝒊𝒆𝒔❞

· ✦────✧◦ 儚き願い ◦✧────✦ ·

"(𝒀/𝑵)-𝑲𝑼𝑵 𝑰𝑺 𝑶𝑼𝑻 𝑺𝑰𝑪𝑲 𝑻𝑶𝑫𝑨𝒀?" Tohru asked, "I knew that she got sick a lot but I didn't think she would miss out on school so suddenly."

The grey-haired boy scratched his hair as he sighed underneath his breath, "Apparently she stayed up too late at night and called in the school sick. I heard it from the other council members since she needed to turn in some work."

You were a bit overconfident when you decided to stay late at night with Machi to watch a Mogeta movie. You had been out shopping for the entire day and by the end of it, you both spotted a movie theater that was still open. Everything wasn't planned out perfectly, but that was just how Machi liked it to be, something that was spurts of interest rather than an organized meeting. Although Machi insisted that you go home to sleep for school, you told her that it was fine and that Machi looked really excited when she saw the poster for Mogeta. She felt guilty when you began to sneeze and shiver once you had left the movie theaters. Could you really say you regretted it when Machi's eyes sparkled? You would be a fool to take the road home.

Earlier when you called the other council members, you were able to talk to Yuki on the phone. You were apologizing profusely for having Yuki carry around your committee work but he simply dismissed it off, telling you that it was fine and he would be visiting your home later to deliver your homework.

"T-That's terrible! I-I can bring over food for her!" Tohru suggested, bringing up different types of food she could make to help you recover faster. "I could make her some soup!"

Yuki shook his head, "It's okay Honda-san, I'm going over to her house to give her the homework assignments. You should stay home, I don't think (L/n)-san would want you to get sick either."

"O-Oh! You're right! Then, tell (Y/n)-kun that I hope she gets well!" He smiled before stacking your paperwork on top of his. He only needed to sit through one school day and he would be able to see you after.

· ✦─────── ☾ ───────✦ ·

You sneezed and wiped your nose with a tissue, throwing it across the room and narrowly missing the trashcan by a few centimeters. You opened your small container of hand sanitizer and wiped it across your skin, the cold feeling spreading across your warm body as you laid back down in bed. This sucks, you thought.

Your head is slowly killing you. It was throbbing in pain as you dug yourself deeper into your blankets. It felt like someone was knocking on your skull and you wanted to go to the bathroom to throw up. You raised your hand, pressing the back of it against your forehead. It wasn't uncommon for you to get sick but it was strange not to show up for school. Whenever you got sick, you just wore a mask to school to avoid spreading it to others. This was one of those rare days you ended up staying home. Before you could drift off completely you heard the sound of your doorbell ringing.

'Who could be at my house at this time?' You thought, completely forgetting the fact that you were actually supposed to have a guest over. You yawned and stood up from your bed, wobbling slightly as you walked towards the door, your hands touching the wall for support. You opened the door and cracked your eyes open slightly, seeing Yuki in front of your house with stacks of papers.