十六 | 𝟏𝟔𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

[𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟐] - 𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

─────

❝𝑵𝒆𝒘𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒔❞

· ✦────✧◦ 儚き願い ◦✧────✦ ·

"𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑹𝑬'𝑺 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑺 𝑵𝑬𝑾 𝑪𝑨𝑭𝑬 𝑫𝑶𝑾𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑯𝑶𝑷𝑷𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑫𝑰𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑰𝑪𝑻 𝑻𝑯𝑨𝑻 𝑺𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑺 𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑺𝑬 𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑳𝑳𝒀 𝑪𝑼𝑻𝑬 𝑴𝑶𝑮𝑬𝑻𝑨-𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑴𝑬𝑫 𝑫𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑲𝑺. I heard if you were to buy two of them, you can get these special limited edition charms!" Isobe comments, wiping away at one of the empty glasses as you turned to her, "I was gonna go there with Nao-chan but he keeps complaining about how much the show is just for kids, he's such a killjoy!"

She childishly whined, "I want some of those charms but my shift lasts until the end of the day. By the time I get there, everything would be completely sold out." She pouted as she continued to wipe down the glasses, "I can't believe they had to open the cafe today out of all days. . ."

You pressed your lips together in thought, "Is that so? I haven't heard of it before. I could go after this shift if you need me to pick you up something. Mine ends in a couple of minutes." You absentmindedly glanced up at her, seeing her expression shift from relaxed to completely excited. In her light-brown eyes, you could tell that they were filled to the brim with joy.

"You would do that for me?" She asked, setting down her glass, "I could give you some money for you to buy the drinks. I'm only interested in the charms so maybe you could buy something for yourself there!"

You lowered your gaze slightly, humming at her, "You don't need to pay for it, I'm fine with buying it myself. Which charm do you want?"

"E-Eh? Are you sure? Shouldn't you be saving your money for your apartment?" She asked, giving you a nervous glance, "I can pay for it for you since you're going for me anyway! I feel bad if you were to have to buy these drinks. . ."

You shook your head, "It's fine. I don't mind." You watched as she spent the next few minutes talking to herself, mumbling underneath her breath about something regarding the cafe. You could make out some of the words but it was hard for you to piece them back together. You peered up at the clock, seeing your shift already end when the clock struck.

Isobe glanced up at you with a concerned expression, feeling guilty for talking about her sudden rambling, and waved her hands around. "W-Well, if you could, can you get me the Mogeta charm one? If they sell out you could just get me any charm after that."

You hummed in response as you slid off your apron. You quietly made your way back into the staff room, letting the door slam shut behind you as Isobe breathed out a sigh. She brushed back her light-brown hair, a frown spreading across her face. She was trying to make attempts to grow closer to you but she's struggling to find opportunities to do so. However, she has noticed that you've grown slightly more open than you were a few days ago. Perhaps something good happened at school, she thought.

You would smile a bit more often than usual. Occasionally your eyes would still dart away from someone but you attempted to stay focused on the conversation. As she thought about your behavior, she realized that you have been making a lot more attempts at keeping a conversation with her. She vaguely remembered around a year ago, you wouldn't acknowledge most of your coworkers.

You've changed a bit.

. . . "This is your new coworker! How exciting! We haven't gotten new faces since Isobe-chan joined." Your manager placed her hand on your shoulder, gently pushing you towards the other employees of the store. You fumbled with the ends of your clothing, staring off into space with your dull (e/c) eyes. "She's a bit quiet and shy. Since she's new here I expect everyone to try and teach her the ropes of how things go around here."