十八 | 𝟏𝟖𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

[𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟐] - 𝟏𝟖𝐭𝐡 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

─────

❝𝑪𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝑹𝒂𝒊𝒏❞

· ✦────✧◦ 儚き願い ◦✧────✦ ·

𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑹𝑨𝑰𝑵 𝑩𝑬𝑮𝑨𝑵 𝑻𝑶 𝑫𝑹𝑰𝑷 𝑫𝑶𝑾𝑵 𝑭𝑹𝑶𝑴 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑫𝑶𝑾𝑺 𝑨𝑺 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑫 𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑴 𝑫𝑹𝑰𝑩𝑩𝑳𝑬 𝑫𝑶𝑾𝑵 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑮𝑳𝑨𝑺𝑺, forming bigger teardrops that became heavier as they grew. The outside world was a cold and gloomy atmosphere, many people tucked underneath their umbrellas while students ran towards shelter to separate themselves from the rain. You wiped at the cups with a dry towel, watching customers come in and out of the cafe with wet or dried clothing. You only had a few minutes before your shift ended, perhaps you could visit the Sohma household and bring them some of the leftover espresso jellies, maybe Tohru or Shigure could eat them. Miho told you that since it was raining, many people wouldn't be ordering the summer jellies.

You turned your head towards the door's bell ringing, the sound announcing a new customer. He pulled back his autumn-like hair, a strange color for the weather so cold and blue. He was dressed in a professional suit which seemed as if it had been tailored only a couple of days ago. He stared down at the piece of paper that was given to him and he walked towards the counter, his eyes scattering around the menu as he tried to figure out what type of drink the paper instructed him to buy.

There were a lot of different types of drinks that he couldn't understand, what exactly was an affogato? A parfait? He has never heard of any of the cup sizes before and wondered which cup referred to which size. He stood there dazed trying to decide on the drink that wasn't listed on the paper that was specially given to him. Miho pressed her lips together in thought as she stared at the man, her hand dropping to her side.

"Are you lost on what to order?" You approached the counter and saw the man flinch, his neck beginning to sweat slightly as he stared at you in an aloof way, similar to Tohru. He saw your nametag that was placed over your chest, seeing the kanji of your name displayed clearly underneath the warm lights. You smiled at him as you pointed at the recommendation section, "For the hot weather, a lot of adults are ordering our iced coffee with espresso jelly on the side. Since it's raining outside you might enjoy the hot beverage section."

He followed the movement of your finger and looked down at his piece of paper, "Oh, thank you very much." You watched as he scratched his hair trying to decipher each of the words on the menu, the number of choices was overwhelming him due to his inexperience with the outside world.

"I personally suggest (h/b) [hot beverage], it warms you up on the inside. This cup here refers to this size over here. . ." You picked up a paper menu that was stacked next to you and opened it up, revealing the special drink that you suggested underneath your nails, "You could always tell us how much sugar you would like in it."

"A-Ah. . . How much sugar do you recommend?" He asked, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Hm. . . about this much. . ." You held up a cup and turned around to search for the nearby measuring tool for sugar, as your fingers curled around the white-colored utensil you raised it next to him and poured an imaginary amount of sugar that you usually put into your drink, "I found that drinking too many sugary drinks might give you a migraine later on so I suggest this amount."

He nodded in response before smiling, "I see, I will be getting that then."

"Would you like to drink it here or to go?" You typed on the cash register and reached for one of the stacked cups, "If you're drinking it here, would you also like some snacks to eat?"