The Prefect Compartment

The last few days of summer dragged along for everyone. Remus still wasn't answering letters which meant James still refused to speak to Sirius. Lily hadn't spoken to anyone and hadn't seen Severus and Peter had gotten a letter from Sirius because Sirius was lonely.

Finally. It was September 1st.

Charulus and Dora floo-powder the boys to Kings Cross and continued to grill them both on why they were being quiet to each other. Neither answered.

Lily's parents had been busy and Petunia had flat out refused to go, So Florean's mum (Majorie -the brunette) had driven the two of them there. Although she was sad she didn't have a proper, on-the-platform chance to say goodbye, Lily hugged her parents before leaving.

Peter had taken himself to the platform since his mum had slept in. Luckily he didn't leave far from the station so it was a brisk walk however, he walked with his hands in balls and huffing the entire time.

Remus' dad took Remus to the platform rather early and then had to leave for work. So Remus got on the train early and hid in the prefect compartment hoping none of the marauders would search for him there.

Severus Snape had been accompanied to the platform by a 7th year called Evan Rosier. He was a Slytherin but not many people liked him. There were many rumours about Evan becoming a death eater during the summer and knowing how prideful he was if he was he wouldn't deny it. Severus did notice Lily when he reached the platform, who wouldn't notice her flaming red hair in the sea of brunettes and blondes however he didn't approach. His summer had been interesting but very eye-opening. He had stayed with his mother's cousins in London and spent the summer being informed of Voldemort and everything that would come in the war.

Alice arrived at the platform with Frank in her hand. As soon as Lily saw the couple her eyes widen and she mouthed to Alice that they would talk about it later. Marlene arrived at the platform five to 11. Emmilance and Mary arrived two minutes before and the six of them found a compartment,

Emmilance, Frank and Mary were both in the year above but had become friends with everyone as soon as that year joined. Frank did have other friends and spent a lot of time with them however never failed to show up if there was a birthday or good event within the group.

'Which one of you is prefect?' Emmilance asked as Lily smiled. Em had been Ravenclaws prefect last year as had Mary for Hufflepuff and Frank for Gryffindor.

'I am,' Lily said grabbing her cloak out her bag with the badge pinned to it,

'We best go then,' She said as Lily threw on the cloak and followed the other two girls out.

As Lily entered the prefect cabin and Remus looked at her with sorrow in his eyes. Truth be told she was a little hurt he hasn't responded to her but she wasn't angry. So she just smiled and took a seat next to him.

'I'm sorry I didn't reply,' He whispered as the Hufflepuff prefect rambled on about something.

'It's fine honestly, Were you okay at least?' she asked as he shrugged,

'Physically yes. But no not completely,' He replied as Lily reached into her cloak and pulled out a bar of chocolate,

'Want to talk about it,' She smiled, ripping off the wrapper and handing it to him. He had never had chocolate before but it smelt amazing. He took a small chunk of it and bit down as warmth rushed his body. Why hasn't he had chocolate before? It was amazing. 'Bloody hell you would think you'd never had chocolate,' Lily laughed as she looked at Remus' overjoyed face, 'You've never had chocolate before have you?'