riley then stuck a spoon in her cereal, as she leaned against the counter, looking at a frightened derek.

"what the hells wrong with you? you look like you've saw a ghost." riley spoke, rolling her eyes. "if anyone should be looking like that it's me, considering you broke into my house, and have violent tendencies."

"you've gotta be kidding me." derek muttered.

"what?" riley asked in confusion, swallowing a mouth full of cereal. "that 'incantation'.." derek started, putting air quotes around the word incantation.

"isn't just any dumb old spell..."

"it's one of the most ancient magicless spells." he explained.

"what the hell are you talking about?" riley asked in confusion.

"it's counter spell is achieved by sacrificing humans and the blood on the innocent." derek added.

"what? what does that mean?"

"the spell the alpha recited.. it was a supernatural power suppression reversal spell."

"power suppression reversal spell?" riley scoffed. "yeah, right."

"weird things have been happening to you already, haven't they?" derek asked knowingly. "no." riley lied.

"riley, i can hear her heart skip a beat. i know when you're lying." derek smirked.

"you should probably leave." riley spoke. "or i'll call the sheriff and report a break in." she spoke louder.

"i'd knock you out before you had the chance." derek spoke. "what do you want from me?" riley asked with a sigh.

"contrary to your belief, i want to help you."

"why, why would you do that?" riley asked, skeptically. "i don't know." derek lied.

"you remind me of someone i used to know, a friend."

"you had a friend?" riley asked, raising a brow, causing derek to glare at her.

"sorry, wrong time? got it." she spoke, closing her mouth before opening it. "who would want to suppress my theoretical powers" riley spoke, not knowing what to believe.

"i don't know, your parents." derek shrugged. "they're dead." riley responded. "they weren't always dead." he countered. "and if it wasn't them, maybe your grandma."

riley paused, thinking back to all the weird stuff she'd encountered lately. finding out she might have a twin sister, finding her mom's old journals, something called a merge and protect the twins.. riley truthfully didn't know what to believe but she knew that she was willing to listen.

"well, now we know its intention." derek spoke up, a look of solemn discourage written on his expression.

"well would you like to share with the class? because i have no freaking idea what you or that dumb alpha are talking about." riley retorted.

"it wants you in his pack." derek spoke, causing riley to cough. "what? but i'm not a wolf."

"you don't need to be." derek explained. "whatever supernatural creature you are, if the alpha itself wants you.. you're either endangered, or powerful enough to wipe out an entire planet. and in rare cases, you might be both."

"i think i'm gonna be sick." riley groaned, walking over to the trashcan.

she was scared, she didn't want to be in the alpha's pack, and she definitely didn't want to wipe out the entire planet.