SEVEN

"Get up!" stiles yelled, throwing the plush pillow at a sleeping riley.

"ugh!" the girl groaned, rolling over in her bed. "how the hell did you get in my house, sti?" riley groaned, as she sat up groggily. "the window." stiles shrugged. "which you should really lock by the way. there are some weirdos out there."

"yeah i noticed." riley replied sarcastically.

"why are you asleep at 11:30?" stiles questioned. "and why are you sleeping in jeans? you never sleep in jeans."

"i fell asleep during something." riley muttered, as she stood up. "now what do you want that was important, you had to wake me up at almost midnight?" she quipped. "scott. he wants us to come with him to the school." stiles explained, as he grabbed riley's arm pulling her out of bed. "for fucks sakes." she muttered, as she grabbed a sweatshirt and headed out the window behind stiles.

when she got in the jeep she laid across the back seat with a loud groan. "uhhhh."

"what's the matter with you?" scott asked his friend. "i have been reading books, doing dark web searches and searching through family memories since four-thirty." riley complained. "why?" scott asked in confusion, and that's when riley remembered she hadn't told him yet. that didn't seem fair. he told her his secret.

"because i'm 112..2% sure i have a twin sister." she said seriously. "wait, what?" scott asked, as stiles tapped the steering wheel and continued driving. "yep. crazy right. i thought i was off the rails again. then i found red writing in my basement that read in bold letters 'protect the twins!!!'" she explained. "that's.. that's something." scott trailed off.

"tell me about it."

"so did you find anything on payton?" stiles asked, speaking up. "well her name is payton grey.. but i can't find anything significant to her, it's like she was wiped off the face of the earth, like whoever raised her.. they never wanted her to be found." riley sighed.

"wait stiles already knew?" scott asked, kind of hurt. "yeah but i only told him because he badgered me. plus i didn't have any proof at first and didn't want you to think i was crazy." riley ranted. "excuses, excuses." scott joked, lightening the mood. "oh, bite me." riley replied before looking up. "but seriously, what's going on?" she asked.

"scott went to see derek." stiles revealed. "derek told him if he wanted to know what happened then he had to go and find out for himself. so, we're going to the bus that meyer's was attacked on."

"of course.  illegal stuff." riley complained. "and breaking into school on top of that." the boys chuckled at riley's comment, as stiles parked his jeep in the school parking lot. scott got out of the car, and as stiles and riley went to get out they were stopped. "hey, no. just me.. someone needs to keep lookout." he explained.

"this is boring. i'm bored." riley protested. if she was going to be an accomplice for a crime she at least deserved some of the action.

scott sighed. "if someone comes out of that school then you're screwed, stiles. i can run fast, you'd trip and fall and get caught. besides, riley can't drive."

"yes i can!" the blonde protested. "stiles just won't let me."

"because your driving is worse than scott's math grade." he defended, before turning to scott. "and, why's it starting to feel like you're batman and i'm robin?" he snapped. "i don't want to be robin all the time."